Illinois FOID and Illinois CCW Price Increase

Having been born and raised and living in Illinois until March of 2017, the whole FOID and their lack of confirming our 2nd amendment rights is ghastly. I may have moved to another “blue” state, but at least my permit to carry was a lot easier to get and no need for the money grabbing FOID.

3 Likes

Born and raised in Chicago. Joined the Navy in 1972. I was proud to say I was from Illinois back then. I don’t claim Illinois anymore. I’m from TN now. The FOID is a total fraud!!! I have no doubt if it reaches SCOTUS. the State will lose.

I’m headed to South Holland this Friday, so I’m checking the IL gun laws now. Having a TN CHCP, at least I can be armed in my vehicle.

6 Likes

Thank you, sir. According to Jared (Guns & Gadgets on YouTube, FOID was ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL by SCOTUS. I’ll Need to double check, but Jared is a top notch reporter on 2A issues. Plus he is a police officer, and self defense instructor in the very anti-2A State of Massachusetts.
I will try to find the link.

To the best of my knowledge the IL FOID card case was sent back to circuit court by the IL S Ct. Here’s the link:

I’m an avid listener to Armed American Radio. If the FOID was ruled unconstitutional I’d be in the hospital because I hurt myself trying to backflip…:rofl:

6 Likes

I been waiting since january 22 for renewal and in till now 9/08 no answer what so ever and I apply for my wife’s foid on 4 /18 and she got it on 6/03 that’s crazy

3 Likes

Welcomed the USCCA family, Sergio. Thank you for being here.

3 Likes

I was raised in Illinois and I always thought the FOID card was nothing more than overreach and ways to bring in more money. I often referred to it as the ID of stupidity for Illinois

1 Like

Due to the financial mismanagement of the Illinois leadership, all taxes/ fees in the state of Illinois will go up dramatically next year. Sales tax, fuel tax, personal tax, property tax etc.

1 Like

Thank you, I try to be here as much as I can, not very often but when i get a chance i do glanced at things around here lol.

1 Like