SAF, ISRA Have Filed A Law Suit Due to Inaction By ISP Over FOID

SAF & ISRA Filed Suit over inaction by Illinois State Police over inaction on IL FOID. Also in the lawsuit is the matter of what happened to the $29,500,000.00 collected that seems to have disappeared from the FOID/CCW Account and was the fees collected by IL and appear to have either gone missing and in other unrelated bank accounts.

4 Likes

Here’s a link to an article about it: SAF, ISRA Sue Illinois State Police Over Slow FOID Processing, Misuse of State Funds

I thought you had mentioned that funds were diverted a month or so ago. Was that for something else? Increases and reorganized budgets will probably be the norm from here on out. Illinois’s government pension debt crisis has spiraled out of control. I know current employees have been getting reduced benefits and it would be wrong to take away what was promised to retirees.

Illinois will spend $1 billion more on annual debt payments than it will on human services in fiscal year 2017

I read somewhere that democrats use a different mathematical model for predicting economic growth than Republicans (don’t remember the source… I can try to find it but I’m already going off on a tangent). IIRC, it stated that the Dem model doesn’t have any factor for tax reduction in economic forecast modeling. Dick Morris said that Bill Clinton factored tax deduction into his policies (when he flip flopped on taxes after '95) when the economy picked up. I’m willing to bet that Chicago keeps moving in the same direction that has squelched business and employment growth… more taxes, more fees.

4 Likes

I did Scotty, I did but this is a newly released lawsuit by both ISRA & SAF the other earlier was solely for the ISRA.
I’m dying to know what accounts that money landed in. I want to know because this affects every lawful gun owner here in Lincoln Land. Without FOID you know you can’t possess a firearm of course unless you’re a criminal then you are given a get out of jail free card

5 Likes

I’m wondering if this will maintain the status quo, increase wait times, or what. According to the complaint this has happened over the last 5 years. I was told to expect 3-6 months when I applied for my CCW permit if fingerprinted and 9+ months if not. I would assume the alleged misuse of funds played into the wait times I experienced.

Here’s another interesting article related to the sweeps over the last 5 years: ISRA: Nearly $30 million taken from FOID card fund in the last five years

Although many anti-2a voters might think the local government is working in their best interest… I often see this as a money grab. My question is, if this money is being sweeped into the General Revenue Fund, how much money would the state lose if they proposed more limitations on ownership and carry?

2 Likes

Are you here in IL Scotty? Because it’s a really corrupt state here. My old friend Ed Burke from Chicago Alderman Burke we served together in the service, he did not ever want to be there but did his best and did the time. He was a good friend back then but fast forward 51 years and he’s vehemently opposed to private gun ownership. (Except his own firearms about 50 of them) according to the evening news. Well anyway I’m not and have never been a fan of Democrats after I became aware in my very early years. When I was younger growing up I did not know that there even was anything else except Democrats. My father was a city worker back then Mayor Richard J Daley demanded city workers vote Democrat or lose their jobs. Which included families in Chicago because they checked up on voting records Department of voting lol, Department of Election Commissions. Anyway I’m irate money seems to vanish in IL, well that’s it, I don’t want to bore you with more details. In my opinion it’s General Revenue plus private bank accounts like Rod Bladgoevich was doing, diverting cash into his and his buddies hands.
By the way the money also was to speed waiting times because they have been laying off or putting troopers back onto the highways again because of the funds missing they were belt tightening.
If my father was still living he’d be around 110 but I checked Chicago voting records because I had to go there to hand file a death certificate before I retired and according to the records he’s still a registered Democrat and still votes.

5 Likes

Good, if they didn’t do this the stealing would become a regular occurance.

1 Like

Scotty, I believe everything is pointing to you live here in IL, back 5 years ago when I received my license I did submit my electronic fingerprints to the ISP Back then I waited like 5 weeks? Don’t quote me but seems like 5 weeks was the number then. I’m taking my renewal class in approximately 2 weeks because I will not be around for a time and my license expires 9/15/20 so I was told it’s 3 months waiting period so I’m doing it now 8 months early.

1 Like

Good idea on reapplying early. I am a Chicagoland suburban kid. My father grew up downtown, and his father, too (city engineer). My father used to work for the old Post office before he enlisted.

I moved out of state for college and grad work but moved back more recently. I spent 14 years out of state, and it really opened my eyes. I would not have come back if it were not for family issues and responsibilities.

I don’t know how they do their accounting, but I would assume that once money goes into this General Fund, it’s just pooled and cannot be directly traced. I have no idea of how that works.

Anyway… Maybe you could help me out with some unrelated info. I’ve been trying to find info about Chicago’s Black Horse Troop back in the 30’s. My grandfather taught recruits to shoot the 1911 and Tommy gun on horseback while riding in a cloverleaf pattern around a target. Unfortunately, my father was the black sheep, and doesn’t have access to the related pictures. Do you know where I could find info about this?

I tried contacting the Illinois Historical Society but never heard back from them.

2 Likes

@Scotty I can, let me do a little digging and I will give you some information tomorrow.
Here’s what I already know.
Black Horse is and has been a United States Army Reserve Command for many years it’s a part of the 86th USAR Command. One of the units is 308th Civil Affairs Brigade was called 308th Civil Affairs Group until reorganizing. It’s a part of what’s known as the Black Horse Troop also called Black Hawk Division it now Black Hawk Brigade. Lineage & Honors is
history.army.mil/html/force.structure
US Army Center of Military History
I will check more tomorrow for you.
The 308th Civil Affairs Brigade is located in Homewood, IL since 2008
That will give you a start Scott
By the way: I’m in Lisle,IL Just off Ogden Ave. it’s very nice and quiet Western suburb in DuPage
Ok, there’s a little start for you
I spent most of my time with First Cavalry Division 7th Cavalry Airmobile 50 years ago
But my buddy Ed Burke helped me out a little with the information you are checking out

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into it!

1 Like

Scotty, have you been able to get any more information on your quest to find out about your grandfather and Black Hawk Division?

The link you posted (https://history.army.mil/html/force.structure) is giving me “The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.”

I will look into it further in the future. It’s been something that’s been on my mind for more than a few years now. I’ll check back at the website a little later after I ask my father a few related questions. If I Iearn anything I’ll let you know, but the beginning of the year is always pretty hectic for me, so it might be awhile.

@Scotty I hope you find what you’re looking for. I really do, it’s a shame that they closed Ft. Sheridan down because there was a Army historian on the post and a fully equipped Army museum. They had hundreds and hundreds of horses at one point. Another place where they had cavalry horses is Ft. Riley, KS, it’s something you may want to look at. The Big Red 1 is headquartered there all these years. The original Black Horse Soldiers also known as the Buffalo Soldiers were there 8 & 9th Calvaries were there as far back as 1887 where they trained the original Buffalo Soldiers. Big Red One is there to this day. 1887-2020. Ft Riley, KS is about 8 -9 hour drive from here.

1 Like