Glock Sear/ Cruciform Wear

Any thoughts on this? Glock talk guys said it seems a little excessive. Wish I didn’t notice some of this stuff :upside_down_face:. G43X

@americanwolfman

4 Likes

I haven’t checked lately, but aren’t those $20 parts? Does Apex or someone have upgraded pieces?

3 Likes

They’re not expensive. Thinking it’s fine, I’ll just watch it and if the gun has problems I’ll fix it.

4 Likes

If it is a new gun I would not say excessive. If it is still happening after 200 to 500 rounds I would say excessive.

3 Likes

It’s around 800 rounds total.

3 Likes

How does the slide look? Is it getting loose. How many times have you cleaned it.how many round since last cleaning.

2 Likes

Haven’t noticed anything. I’ll look later when I can.

What would be loose? The slide or the trigger spring cruciform?

I just cleaned it. I clean it after every range trip. I’d say it’s been cleaned 4-5 times.

4 Likes

I almost wonder if the compactness of the 43 slide with the gen 5 trigger spring makes everything just a little more tight.

4 Likes

I am thinking it could be unburned powder or does it happen with different ammo.

2 Likes

Oh I’m referring to this mark right here

If you see any black or little bits I’m not worried about that. :grin: edit: oh maybe you mean the darker shaded area. I’ll wipe it down with a bit of oil and try to get a better picture tonight.

4 Likes

IMO it does not appear reflective enough to be metallic, therefore it is possible it is not coming from your pistol. After a thorough cleaning (including a good compressed air blasting) see if it resurfaces. Also check your holster, range bag, etc. to see if it is showing up anywhere else. Sometimes what appears to be dirt is just dirt.

4 Likes

Really leaning twards “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. The gun functions properly and is reliable.

6 Likes

Oh I should have read the tittle

2 Likes

Thats perfectly normal. I have some with much worse wear than that.

4 Likes

Thank you! Was looking forward to your input because I know you have multiple of these with lots of rounds.

4 Likes

No problem, anytime

3 Likes

If you can get all the wear / contact surfaces clean and dry coat the wear
Surfaces with Moly. ( must be clean and dry ). For all other general lubrication ATF ( automatic transmission fluid ) can be used ; it is not harmful to gaskets or O rings.
GOOD LUCK.

3 Likes

Hey @americanwolfman there was some talk on Glock Talk. The general consensus was the gun is fine just shoot it more and the parts will polish themselves out over time.

There was a slight concern over the wear on the trigger spring ledge.

I’m not sure the concern is really valid. The wear is light and I think most of the Glock guys on that forum are running older Glocks. The trigger spring piece that hooks into the cruciform is new on the gen 5s

The rational part of me is “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. It’s a Glock, it’s been been reliable. It will simply get better with time. Those piece may still be mating with each other an will only get smoother.

The anxious part of me is id hate for that piece to be knocked loose or dislodged (which I doubt is even a legit concern).

1 Like

Like i said before, its fine. I have a few Gen 5’s that are getting high rd count. Gotta be careful with some responses over on GT.

3 Likes

A lot of wisdom there. Thanks again.