Glock Repair kits

Soon I plan on buying a Glock as an edc. I am sort of odd when it comes to owning guns bc I always prefer to have a quick repair kit on hand. Glock itself does not sell replacement kits but I’ve seen many sites that do. Has anyone dealt with any website or company in the realm of Glock parts? If so did these parts work well? Focusing on (firing pin assembly/springs)

2 Likes

Great question! Watching to see who folks recommend. I think in our house its mostly the 2-is-1 principle. If you’ve got two of the same gun, you have a full set of spare parts. :laughing:

My hubby has put an extremely large number of rounds through his glocks… he’s had glocks since the first year they existed. I think he’s replaced one barrel and two recoil springs in all that time.

Mags are more the issue, he and I have both replaced mag springs.

2 Likes

@Henry4 I saw LoneWolf has full build-your-own kits.

The Glock Store has these: Survival Parts Kit for Glocks | Best Glock Accessories | GlockStore.com
Includes Glock Factory Parts:

• Firing Pin Safety Plunger
  • Firing Pin Safety Plunger Spring
  • Recoil Spring
  • Firing Pin Spring
  • Firing Pin Spacer Sleeve
  • Firing Pin Channel Liner
  • Spring Cups
  • Magazine Release
  • Locking Block Pin (not included in G42/43 kits)
  • Trigger Pin
  • Trigger Housing Pin
  • Trigger Spring
  • Glock Disassembly Tool
  • Zippered Bag
2 Likes

@Henry4 Lonewolf has my very favorite glock slide ever:

LoneWolf%20Glock%20damascus%20slide

@Andrew4, I just ordered springs and guide rods and extended takedown levers for 2 of my glocks from The Glock Store - I’ll let you know what I think as soon as they arrive! They’ve got really good videos on their YouTube for doing your own parts repair/replace for a lot of things you can do yourself.

2 Likes

Thank you and @Henry4 very much for the info! I’ve finally decided on for sure going Glock I’m just trying to decide between gen 4 and 5 g19. I’ve Held both and both feel fine and the price difference is marginal so I’m doing research of reliability and potential issues to finally decide which one I may prefer. I known glock is infamous for brass to face or weak ejection but I’m not sure how prevalent this is or if it’s that much of an issue. Thank you once again

2 Likes

IVe shot the first production of the g23 (rather old but amazing). I’ve had the opportunity to put 500+ rds through it both at paper and wild boar and I will say that it shot wonderfully. I’ve been told older Glock’s are a bit more trusty than newer but I’m no expert ha and I may end up shooting a 19 in both gens to see if I like them.

2 Likes

We’ve had gen 2, 3, 4 in 9mm, .40, .45, and I think my hubby used to have a 10mm. We haven’t had any issues with ejecting into our faces (although a friends sig will do this and my canik will eject onto my head if we let the grip soften up on either one.)

We aren’t going to gen 5 because the mags aren’t compatible with earlier gens (at least in the ones we looked at). The gen3 grip suits me fine so if I can get that, I don’t pay extra for the gen 4.

A couple of ours are pretty old, I’ve had one for more than 20 years, and my hubby’s had Glocks since there were Glocks… a whole lot of rounds through those, no issues with the old ones. But no issues with the new ones either. We haven’t seen any reliability issues in any of them. The only part we’re ever had to replace is mag springs… and then only after a great many thousands of rounds.

The mods I’m making now, extended takedown levers, tungsten guide rods, night sights, are literally the first mods we’ve ever made from stock.

1 Like

@Zee @Henry4 well I got a 19.4 today and I do say so far I love it. I suppose with any new pistol we tend to “love” it unless it’s downright terrible, but nonetheless this pistol did quite well. Only shot 85 through it once I got back home but I couldn’t complain with the grouping and mechanics. I did have one btf and SP (I feel as if I limp wristed trying to focus more on being precise), but other than that I
Had no issues. Thank you both (and anyone else) for the help on deciding and I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Niiice @Andrew4!
Clean and lube a couple times and you probably will see no further issues :blush:

2 Likes

I’d just get the small parts and springs. Not much goes wrong with the Glocks, but parts do get lost sometimes when cleaning. The one thing I’ve replaced more than anything else is magazine springs. Mainsprings rarely fail, but I have seen them break. I have also had to replace a few battered safety plungers when I was an armour for my local Sheriff department. These were in pistols that got very heavy use and were almost never cleaned. New magazine springs every couple of years on a PM basis is a good idea. I also keep a spare FP and extractor, but have never had one break on any of my Clocks.

1 Like