Discoloration on safety plunger

Glock 43x has some discoloration on safety plunger. Gun is functioning %100. Safety plunger is working %100. Any cause for concern?

3 Likes

More googling makes me think this is the nickel plating flaking off. Apparently it’s pretty common with Glocks. Doesn’t seem to be a big deal.

6 Likes

If its functioning as it should let go. It looks similar to the wear on my M&P slides

3 Likes

I also have a Glock 17 with very similar discoloration. I never thought twice about and assumed its normal wear and tear but im not an expert to say if its a reason for concern.

3 Likes

That’s the Upgrade Wear Indicator(UWI).:grin:

6 Likes

looks like rust to me.

1 Like

Sad part is I like stock carry guns, so I’d probably just buy a stock plunger. If it’s not a big deal, I don’t want to change it out, though I have been thinking of cleaning out the striker channel, so maybe I’ll order the part and just swap it out when I finally get around to giving the gun a deep clean.

I may research the APEX trigger kit, I’m just real funny about going away from stock Glock parts.

I did shoot Glock an email. I’ll see what they say.

3 Likes

Your slide looks too new for that part to be worn in yet. How many rounds do you have through it?

1 Like

1500ish.

Glock got back to me. Said it wasn’t abnormal. Said it is not a cause for concern, but if the part starts wearing down it will be time to replace it.

I’ll probably upgrade it sometime down the road. I found overwatch has oem plungers with a special coating on them.

Will do more research though.

3 Likes