Glock Gen

Which generation of glock do you have and why did you go with that one?

What are the differences between the gen you have and the one before it?

2 Likes

Gen 3 on the 21… because that’s how long I’ve had this glock… 1998. Just bought another gen3 because it’s going to become my .45ACP carbine.

Gen 4 on the soon-to-be-mine g30 because of the swappable backstraps… I may want to play with those options. I did pick the g30 because I can interchange mags with the g21 and with the impending carbine.

No gens for me that give up mag interchangeability.

My hubby just answers this “which gen” question with “yes”. I think he’s got some of each. Mostly gen 3, but if it’s a glock, and it doesn’t run fast enough to escape, it’s going in his stable.

3 Likes

Gen 4 glock 19

Gen 4 because that is what was out when I bought the gun. Seems most changes in Glock is cosmetics and if you’re that picky with stippling nowadays you can have whatever you want.

3 Likes

All Gen 3’s except for the “Gen 4.5”, 19X. Finger grooves and 3 pins are upgrades I know of from 3 over 2. 4.5 has marksman barrel and ambi safety, although there may be a few others. I want a gen 5 or two, if they’ll dump the ridiculous half moon cutout in the front part of grip.

4 Likes

I went new when I bought my Glock 19 Gen 5! I know there are no finger grooves on the Gen 5’s, and the finish on the slide is more durable - hard to believe it’s even more corrosive resistant! Flared mag well, and I wanted the latest and the greatest Glock! I do have one gripe though, I don’t like the cutout - where your pinky rests!!! Why is that there?

2 Likes

Just read your remark about the half-moon cutout, what’s the purpose of it?

2 Likes

Supposedly you can rip a magazine out if you have a malfunction.

2 Likes

Oh, O.K. Thanks!

2 Likes

I thought Glocks never malfunction?? :rofl: Sorry, couldn’t resist. :smiley:

6 Likes

They don’t :grin:
But you know, why not over deliver on the featureset?

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: No comment

4 Likes

Very funny Dawn!!! You must be thinking about Sigs

4 Likes

Just got the gen5 g45. Lovin’ it. Is my first glock but have done shooting with gen 4 models. Really like the balance and lightness of the g45.

5 Likes

Glock fan however when you’ve released the Gen 5 and you’re still using the Glock perfection motto. Some advertising people should be looking for employment. Lol

3 Likes

Lol. Yea I have to agree on that. Advertisers are losing in the creativity dept.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, you’ll love this great place! Enjoy yourself, and take care! You’re amongst friends here.

1 Like

All Gen 3 for me and most of the rest of us in CA. Truly ridiculous, but I like the after market support for Gen 3

2 Likes

Do you find that the lighter g45 has more recoil, @Michael13?

Welcome to the Community!

1 Like

Well, maybe just a little bit swapped out the backstrap to the beaver tail so that I could get higher on the handle and recoil was minimal. No slide pinch LOL.
In comparison with the Canic tp9 and Springfield both 9mm with the g45 the recoil might be only slightly more exaggerated on the glock with the standard handle. But again the swap of the blackstrap equalized it. Now all three shoot pretty much the same.
Hope that helps :).

2 Likes

Thank you Jeffery. Looking forward to the interaction here. Always looking to learn new things and get better.

2 Likes