Glock 44 .22 LR, Lets hear your reviews and opinions

Cool pics. I’m in the market for a .22 pistol.

I wish the glock was just a hundred dollars cheaper. Im interested in the Taurus TX-22

Love mine , but like you said shoots high no matter what ammo . It is great to shoot .22 for a fraction of 9mm. Only problem I had with various ammo was some older winchester that I had for years that the lube on the bullet got sticky , no problems with any other ammo.

1 Like

I’m glad you like yours, I’ll try and snap some pics of the 44 with the new sights and I am really hoping these new sights fix the POA issue. I did find that CCI MiniMag’s shot the best and would group around 2" at 25yds if I did my part and they shot more POA than any other load tested.

nope… but Glock made a great job keeping model 44 in the same dimensions as 9mm. This way they can persuade more beginners to buy Glock.

I’m a loyal M&P user and have M&P22C in my collection.

1 Like

I’d like to get one of these. I’ve heard the dimensions are closer to the shield though.

Glock was definitely smart to go that rout wit the design.

1 Like

M&P22C is about 15% smaller that M&P9C :pensive:
It is closer to Shield than regular M&P.
It makes it very concealable but the size doesn’t help with practice as 9mm equivalent.

What I can see, Glock44 is more reliable than M&P22C. I’ve shot +/- 5K rounds and found a lot of Failures To Feed.
Eventually I’ve polished feed ramp and breech face of the barrel and all the problems have gone.

I love my Glock 44. It has been a great practice gun, since ammo when it could still be found was 75% cheaper than 9mm. About 6k rounds in, the extractor blew out. Glock replaced it pretty quickly, and I have another 1k through it since without so much as a misfeed.

The G44 has had a lot of mixed reviews. Other than the extractor blowing out, my only minor complaints are the magazine capacity and the frequent cleanings required by dirty 22lr ammo . It is a straight shooter with no recoil and identical shooting mechanics as the G19.

2 Likes

Happy with mine. The grandkids handle it well. Light weight but full size which is great for new shooters. Take it with me to the range every trip. Been reliable so far.

1 Like

Only know a little about glocks as I don’t care for them. Seems the g44 does not like slower bulk ammo also some of them have a problem with the cant of the last couple of rounds. As a trainer for the g19 it’s a good firearm, that said, for the money there are firearms with larger mags & threaded barrels that cost less & run well.

Inspect the plastic slide for cracks frequently.

1 Like

why would you need to inspect the slide for cracks frequently, I am over 15,000 rds and have had zero issues. The slide is actually imbedded with metal inserts, I see no need to over think that the slide is going to be prone to cracking just because it has a polymer cover.

2 Likes

Because it’s a well documented failure point.

One empirical case of no failure is statistically insignificant.

well I have seen that case and here is the picture in question and I do believe it was discussed somewhere the owner might have meddled with that particular pistol as well it is very clear the extractor depressor plunger is in BACKWARDS on that pistol, just a little suspect.

1 Like

Here is another shooter with a Glock 44 with a higher round count than mine so I would not call it one empirical case, I know of more people with good results than not.Glock 44. 20,000+ Rounds! - YouTube

1 Like

That is a photo from a link. There are dozens more.

@Ray3 , it seems your mind is made up on this particular pistol and that is the beauty of our country, if you don’t like a certain brand or have made up your mind about something :wink:, there are other options on the market.
As for me I have come to love my G44 as it seems others here and elsewhere have as well. I could start a thread bashing the Sig P320 for ALL its shortcomings and continuous issues, but I started this thread to try and hear what people who are using this pistol or have actually tried it and what they thought, if you have had firsthand knowledge of this particular pistol I would love to hear your review or see some of the pics you might have of the one you have?

2 Likes

Assuming the people you know are a representative cross sectional sample of all G44 owners, ‘more people than not’ doesn’t prove a problem doesn’t exist anymore than saying Ford trucks never crash because I have one and it never happened to me.

22 Plinkster and MAC are some of the most respected firearms presenters on the internet. They both were critical.

Why ask a question and get offended by the answer?

That’s a shame. M&P could have picked the full size or the shield (or both). It makes more sense to fit the dimensions like glock.

That’s interesting. I haven’t heard great things about the glock, but I think .22s can be finicky depending on the ammo. Great thing about my rough rider single action, it’s more reliable than my brothers rugar 10/22 as far as eating different types of ammo is concerned.

I am by no means offended, just confused as to the need to continuously post about a pistol that seems you have taken issue to without seemingly backing up if you personally have even tried this pistol or just posting what others have stated negatively, I am posting my review and what my sample has done and how it has held up. Do you have anything positive to add or have you ever tried one? just curious at this point, not offended.

2 Likes

They actually do make a full-size of the M&P 22, as I own one, I’ll post a pic in a min.