From my cold dead hands

You are so right sir.

I remember a friend of mine wondering why all the Central American illegals did not just fight for their own countries. He said people should fight for freedom from the gangs and cartels and corrupt governments.

I agreed in principle, but reminded him that none of those people had any right to own a weapon. They flee for a better life here, as they have no real way to fight for their own homes.

And we should let them disarm us? I think not.

4 Likes

To me the conundrum is people living in places where their protections are taken away seem to develop a kind of Stockholm syndrome and even after fleeing a repressive nation or in some cases a repressive state they fall for the same old con, if we disarm to good people the bad people won’t have guns or use guns. Look at Chicago and now look at the rising crime rate in New York.

It is the reasoning of the anti second amendment people that escapes me. It is like banning gas stoves because arsonists burn buildings. But the government often takes extreme measures to solve a problem only to create new ones. And the solutions never seem to help normal people.

8 Likes

Foreign and domestic. So help me God.

7 Likes

This is true as well. I remember being a young man and seeing many of Latin America coming to the United States many, many years ago and asking the same question, until as a young Marine I was sent there and saw for myself the difference between living free and not living free. Since then I better understand “Live Free or Die”.

6 Likes

Hmmmm …Do you need the 2a to fight?

2 Likes

Obviously, no, but without the ability to secure arms, fighting does become more difficult. As we all know, our RKBA is an inalienable, and Natural, right, that Jefferson stated pre-exists government, the rule of Man, and exists even without the 2A guaranteeing that right. Furthermore, it isn’t the right to keep and bear firearms, but arms. We still are “allowed” to own automatic weapons, cannons, etc., and other arms considered to be the purview of our military - the 2A guarantees that. Our government has slowly infringed upon that right that “shall not be infringed”.

5 Likes

@Robert5 Brother It all boils down to two words: total control.

7 Likes

When they go totalitarian, you go shrewd and cunning.

4 Likes

No you can fight without the 2nd. However it turns you into de facto criminals for trying to defend yourself. Without the second amendment the acquisition of a weapon as a force multiplier is restricted.

5 Likes

If & when they come to violate my rights I’m fighting! Non-negotiable end of story!
I fought a war for this nation to preserve these Freedoms we have & to help another nation determine theirs.
Not playing with the socio-communist ideas or tolerating them!
Biden / Harris can burn in hell for all I care. Anyone against the founding documents can join them as well as anyone that’s not willing to Defend Freedom. This is NOT an individual choice but a collective problem & collective responsibility to do what’s right.
Wont help?, Don’t cry or criticize those willing to tow the line.
Let them rob you… they won’t me or mine! Straight out denied!
The firearms manufacturers need to wake up & cut the government completely off if they try ANY anti-2A legislation any further!
It won’t stop until they accept the damages & deaths it will bring attempting to tread the Rights of the citizens established by the founding documents.
Attempting to pacify people, establish snitching laws, or create a suppressive forced buy back or excise tax will only instigate it further!
Defend yourselves & your rights! Do NOT…give up anything!
You Do NOT have to!

9 Likes

All true. Only question is how many folks care.

3 Likes

To be honest? I bet most that have weapons would still have weapons if they restricted them. When California banned magazines over ten rounds they expected everyone to turn in the Ak and AR magazines. hardly anyone did. When the court over turned the ban there wasn’t a rush getting new magazines. People just brought out the ones they never turned in.

6 Likes

I suspect they will try both a front door and a back door approach. On the front they will restrict by type and register/tax/fine people into submission. On the back they will open the door for lawsuits against all sellers and makers of firearms and accessories thus bankrupting them out of business. It’s going to be a funding battle and they hold most of the cards in this game. I don’t think they will come after individuals until the game is in the final quarter. The question will become when and how will firearm owners and supporters join together and fight back? Anyway that is my guess, but I know nothing and have not stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in decades.

6 Likes

There was a huge rush on mags and they were sold out all over the nation during that short window of opportunity.

5 Likes

I am talking about the California magazine ban. You could get 20 round AR mags in lots of states they just weren’t legal in California. But no one I knew ever surrendered their old mags for 10s. I visited
Texas back then and the big box stores had big 55 gal barrels full of them on sale for $10 to $15. Not the old federal assault weapons ban. It was only overturned in August of 2020. The Ninth Circuit ruled against the California ban against Large Capacity Magazines. And there are plenty available in stores today.

As an example or an aside back under the old Assault weapons ban I was a bit younger and still thought they had a way of know what weapons I had. Like a national register. I bought two Calico weapons back then, a 22 rifle and a 9mm Pistol. The rifle came with a 100 round rotary magazine and the pistol had a 50 round rotary magazine. I sold them both not wanting a visit from the government. About a year later one of the men working for me asked me to come out to his car to see his new weapon. It was a 12 gauge Street sweeper. Rotary fed 12 shot. I mentioned it was not legal to own at the time, now you need a destructive weapon stamp. He said he knew but he didn’t plan or taking it anywhere someone would see him shoot it. hid it in his home and was only going to take it out if the SHTF. The biggest surprise was he bought it from a deputy sheriff living next door. That is the kind of people I used to know.

4 Likes

As am I. It was all over the news when the ban was lifted for about a week, and there was a huge rush on mags, here is just one story on it.

3 Likes

Well I did hear from friends California got hit with shortages early. So I could be mistaken. But as I said the group I shot with never turned in any old magazines. Of course with a California compliant AR there is no quick changing of Magazines anyway. I only have three weapons from my time in California. I did have to online order three mags for my Bersa . But none of them are LCMs. When I got to Texas magazines were available almost everywhere. So I will take your word for it.

2 Likes

My question is this: If, or when, they do come to take our weapons, how do we stand up to them? First off, my guess is that either federal or state officers will show up requesting you to voluntarily give up your weapons. If you stand up and say no, they leave only to return with more fire power for back up. Obviously you are living in a democratic controlled area since this is happening anyway, so the laws will not protect you or your family. I know there would be casualties on their side, and would be oblivious if I said there wouldn’t be any on my side, but eventually they will win. At what point will fellow patriots step up and fight? I’m one of the people that would not step out of line unless I had to, but will also be one of the first to stand up for what is right. I don’t feel alone in that thinking, but it will take someone else to make the first move before anyone else backs them up.

We have all seen where these other countries have turned their people toward Communism, but how many have reversed it? Germany did it with the help of America, what other countries will step up to help us?

Remember, this is hypothetically speaking, but feel it should be something addressed.

I’m sorry for going off on here, but I feel this is closer to happening than ever before.

Thanks,
Toby

4 Likes

Tragically I don’t have any guns. They were all lost in a boating incident while sailing across the Russian Arctic. :cry:

4 Likes

The same occurred before the beginning of the Civil War. What happened after the Brits seized arms and powder in Boston? They came for the same at Lexington and Concord. We all know what happened after that. Will the same occur now? I believe it all depends on how aggressive the anti-rights politicians are towards us. We believe in our inalienable rights that are protected by our Constitution, including self-defense. Freedom has it cost. How much are you willing to pay?

3 Likes