Frequency of USCCA E-mail Messages

If I continue to get anything other than notices about MY account expiring and needing renewal, then I’ll just turn off ALL of them, mark the domain as junk, and set myself a reminder in Outlook to check on my renewal when the time comes.

1 Like

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone, I do appreciate it! I am going to share this with the team here so the can read your feedback.

I do know things are being changed on our end so that our emails are more tailored to your individual needs and you should see the changes in the not too distant future.

If you’ve tried to unsubscribe and are still getting a ton of emails, please let me know and I will follow up with the Tech Gurus to see what is going on in our system so we can get that handled for you.

2 Likes

Hi @Dawn,

Thanks for responding. I don’t want to unsubscribe completely because a lot of the content is excellent; however, I get more messages to “gift a USCCA subscription” that any of the others. Maybe it’s a seasonal thing; however, I would like a way to avoid any marketing email unless it’s related directly to me. Perhaps your emails need to be reclassified with the categories you already have. Thank you for listening.

1 Like

That is definitely a seasonal thing. We just released the Gift of USCCA Membership, @Cloudified so we want to make sure everyone knows about it.

I will definitely share your feedback - and THANK YOU for sharing it! I can give anecdotal information, but when you guys write it here it’s much easier for me to share it with the teams here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Dawn, until I unchecked the “Membership & Subscription Promotions” category just recently, I was getting at least one or two per day. I think we all know about it. Despite that change, that are still coming, but less often. Not trying to keep scratching an open wound, it’s just the principle of the thing. I did expect this when I created a new, free account before becoming an Elite member, but not after.

I’m just glad someone is listening. Rant over. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@PGRSteve Steve you need to go to your
USCCA.Com
dashboard “MY DASHBOARD”
under Dashboard find
EMAIL PREFERENCES
this is where you select the emails you want to receive.

2 Likes

Maybe they could do some research and figure out like the two best days of the week to push that particular email instead of everyday?!?! I really like the idea that they have for adding a family member or new account but have to agree that every day is a bit much, especially this time of year when we are all flooded with holiday specials and promotions.
Myself, I dont mind the emails (except as previously stated) as I open them, see what they are, delete or read, game over. When I first sort through my in box, I keep the ones I want to open and delete everything else. I always open the USCCA emails as I never know if they’ve included a give away or video etc.
Stay safe and aware!

3 Likes

Once a month would be even better. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I wonder if we could do that…? But then that one email a month would be a small novel. :wink: (I jest, I jest!)

4 Likes

Just got an email from USCCA that ended with this:

Fewer emails from the USCCA!
Coming Tuesday, January 7, 2020, all of your favorite emails — Into the Fray , Pacifiers and Peacemakers and the Concealed Carry Report — will be combined into First Line . Keep an eye on your inbox!

5 Likes

@Terence1, now we’re talking!

3 Likes

No, I haven’t be asked not even once.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, @Janice2! What can I help with?

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for that email to come out - I didn’t want to let the cat out of the bag prematurely. :smiley: Thanks for sharing it, @Terence1!

3 Likes

@Dawn, I received something today titled “Customize Your Email Experience…” from Tim today. Hope this in the hint we’ve been looking for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No matter what you do to your email settings, there is no escape!

1 Like

There are changes coming, @Cloudified! You’ve seen a few of the changes already previewed. But it may take a short while to get them all implemented. If I can be of assistance, please let me know!

(I can turn off all of your emails and then set a reminder to turn them back on in a few weeks as more of the changes take place.)

One thing I will warn you of - if you’re getting emails from another organization that is an affiliate of ours, it may look like the email is coming from us, even if it’s not. If you’re ever in question about who sent it, please check the From email address. (Not saying that’s what’s happening here, but it does happen from time to time that people mistake someone else’s email with one of ours.)

2 Likes

Hi, @Dawn . That one was on me. I couldn’t resist. That was my last shot (no pun intended). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While there was a number of emails from USCCA, one of the reasons I bought a membership was the “family” environment of this corporation. Now, Tim has removed himself from these communications just like the MANY CEOs I’ve worked with during my career! To me, also a ex-corp. board member, this is /was the first sign of a major change in operating procedures or a take-over by another person or entity. I’m watching closely, if this is the case of procedures are changed radically, I’ll find another institution to cover my needs and bail on this company. I hate to do this as I’m very impressed with USCCA, as is my neighbors and friends.

3 Likes

If I am not mistaken this is happening was a result of member complaints of getting to many emails.

I do not see Tim as the type of person to not stay personally engaged with his mission and company/family.

I think @Dawn may be able to state it better than I but I have met the man a few times and he strikes me as a very passionate and sincere man

3 Likes