Florida Man v Car Thieves

16 Likes

The car owner and the car-thieving criminals reportedly began arguing, whereupon the car owner pulled out his legally owned firearm and shot one of the suspects.

There’s a better word than arguing in that situation.
:upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I’m sure the Biden “Carjacker’s Protection Act” will be penned soon. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

I am not sure of the state of Florida law regarding protection of property but in the state of Virginia you cannot shoot someone to protect your property.

7 Likes

I am sure there is more to the story than they just exchanged words.

9 Likes

Johnny, you’re tight, at least if Florida, you can’t use deadly force to protect property. I expect that had he just shot one from a distance, he’d be in big trouble. As it is, he confronted them, which he has a right to do, though I think most would agree it’s a bad idea. If one of the thieves then threatened him, or displayed a weapon, etc, I suspect he would be legally considered to be standing his ground at that point and entitled to self defense.

8 Likes

What struck me about the article.
A Note from Our Deputy Managing Editor:

“We don’t even know if an election will be held in 2024.” Those 12 words have been stuck in my head since I first read them.

Someone mentioned this in a post a while back and it stuck in my mind after I responded. I can’t find the post but I am starting to question it myself.

2 Likes

Likewise, FL prohibits deadly force to protect property. Perhaps, the owner received some credible threats from the two thieves, and was afraid for his life?

The problem is that any property crime, once owner is present, is a crime against the person, and the law needs to acknowledge it, and protect the owner.

7 Likes

I don’t follow the context here. What is the relationship between a carjacking/car theft, and, what election?

Please don’t tell me this is a random statement that there may not be a presidential election at all this year

2 Likes

This was at the end of the article. It is what my comment was about because I agreed with everyone’s comments.

Note from Our Deputy Managing Editor:

“We don’t even know if an election will be held in 2024.” Those 12 words have been stuck in my head since I first read them.

Former Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn recently made that comment to Floyd Brown, founder of The Western Journal.

And if the leftists and the elites get their way, that’s exactly what will happen — no real election, no real choice for the Electoral College, and no real say for the American people.

The Western Journal is fighting to keep that from happening, but we can’t do it alone.

We work tirelessly to expose the lying leftist media and the corrupt America-hating elites.

But Big Tech’s stranglehold is now so tight that without help from you, we will not be able to continue the fight.

The 2024 election is literally the most important election for every living American. We have to unite and fight for our country, otherwise we will lose it. And if we lose the America we love in 2024, we’ll lose it for good. Can we count on youto help?

With you we will be able to field journalists, do more investigative work, expose more corruption, and get desperately needed truth to millions of Americans.

We can do this only with your help. Please don’t wait one minute. Donate right now.

Thank you for reading,

Josh Manning

Deputy Managing Editor

P.S. Please stand with us today.

2 Likes

ah, so it’s not really from this article or related to this incident, it is hyperbole tacked on to the end, asking for money

I get it now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A Proper application of lead was applied also apparently ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
(another one bite the dust!)

And to Robert,
There will be NO election this Year!
Prediction time! (drum roll please!) ba-dam-Tissssss!
Puddin’ will either be Impeached or conveniently die in depends
Orange Man will be rightfully awarded the Big Chair
There will be a House cleaning of Democratic Sh**heads who tried
to destroy this Country.
There will be a Massive Effort to Deport the UNDESIRABLES funded by
the Biden Crime Families Ill-Gotten Gains.
(and to date there are 7,110,017 Fairies dancing on the head of my pin !) :laughing:

3 Likes

It is related to @Karacal ‘s post. I found it very striking.
Since everything was already covered I thought it was worth mentioning. I imagine it is related to the article but not directly related to this incident.

2 Likes

Sounds like typical Trump move…:+1:
I agree with you but without the sarc.

1 Like

Sorry Brother,
Sarc and Coffee----Breakfast of Champions!–It gets me through the day! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I forgive you brother. What ever gets you through the day.
Whatever gets you to the light 'salright, 'salright
Out the blue or out of sight 'salright, 'salright
Don’t need a gun to blow your mind oh no, oh no
John Lennon

2 Likes

Valid point but pro-thug DAs disagree.

4 Likes

Fellow travellers. Or is it allies.

1 Like

“Those with information about the whereabouts of the second suspect are being asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477.”

I would say follow the sh*t trail.

2 Likes

Thankfully, not very many of them at all in this state

4 Likes