Favorite carbines!

What’s everyone’s favorite carbine rifles and why!?

6 Likes

Call me old fashioned, I’ll take a lever action Marlin or Henry, in .357 mag.

10 Likes

Some of those lever actions can be a beast

6 Likes

Heresy alert, up front. I am equally happy with either a Ruger Mini-14 or my AR-series 223. That Mini is a trusted friend for many reasons, among them being the rabid coyote I dispatched with it a few years ago as well as the carjacker who elected to shop elsewhere when it became visible in my truck’s rear window while he followed us.

If bear country and berry-picking are part of the day’s plans, one of my leverguns in 30/30, 38/55, or 45/70 gets the call. Generally, I am far more concerned about 2-legged predators than I am with the 4-footed variety.

10 Likes

Count me in to Mini 14 and AR15 fan club. Though a .357 lever action is on my short list of future wants as well.

8 Likes

No one for the M1A yet?

5 Likes

Another mini 14/ 12.5 and 14.5" AR guy here. Mini, accurate enough, 5.56 a good round, poops up front, fun to shoot , reliable and I like Garand actions. Broke my first one and Ruger sent me a new one no charge…The ar’s, light,modular, easy to accesorize, accurate, and you can assemble your own, a huge plus in my book.

4 Likes

Does the M1a qualify? Thinking the socom does and yeah, sweet beast. I have the Scout model, same gas system as the full size, but know the socom is different.
My scout is my “fear no evil” gun…that verse just popped in my head one day, when I had all the steel swinging simultaneously.

4 Likes

Marlin 30/30, AK/47 and Ruger 10/22. :us:

6 Likes

The ones I built.

5 Likes

Marlin 1894 357 magnum and Henry 44 magnum

8 Likes

AR15 in 5.56. Can shoot both 2.23 & 5.56 With no changes. Lightweight and fairly accurate. Easy to modify and accessorize.

Simply changing the bcg and mag allows you to shoot 22 lr. Same rifle but ammo is way cheaper so you can spend more time at the range.

4 Likes

While I REALLY enjoy my 5.56 and .224 Valkyrie my favorite has to be my .450 BM. It is hilarious watching the gallon milk jugs fly 20 feet through the air.:grinning:

3 Likes

Love my 10/22!

3 Likes

I like my Ruger 10/22, and Henry lever .22 WMR.

3 Likes

My M1 Carbine, and my M1A Scout.

4 Likes

Ruger 44 Magnum.

First gun I ever bought

7 Likes

AR15 in 458 SOCOM, its expensive per kaboom but so satisfying

4 Likes

I would say my favorite, is my CZ Scorpion. Did the mods to it from HB Industry’s has a great trigger and always works.

3 Likes

Wow. What a testament to the little 10/22. :+1:

3 Likes