Let's talk lever actions

Alot of political discussions going on (and I enjoy them), let’s lighten the mood a little.

What model, caliber, custom irons or optics?

I had a marlin 336 (30-06) gave it to my dad, I really miss it and want another lever action. What else is out there

1 Like

Ruger model 96 in 44 mag probably still my favorite. Wonder why they quit making them

1 Like

.375 and .44 Mag with a Lyman Peep.

2 Likes

Older Marlin 1894 Cowboy rifle in .44 Mag; Henry Steel .357 Carbine. Great pieces, accurate and reliable. The Carbine is very handy size wise, and there are few problems that 10 rounds of .357 Mag won’t resolve. It will cleanly take a deer, though usually I hunt with the .44 Marlin.

2 Likes

Like I mentioned in the “Not an AR” platform, I am very interested in the Henry 44 mag. I like the brass 20” 10round rife with the large loop.

1 Like

Another vote for Marlin 30-06

1 Like

My TCR (Tactical Cowboy Rifle) is a Rossi 92 in 44 Magnum. Sights swapped out with fiber optic 3-dot. Very fast with low recoil using 44 special level loads.

1 Like

I only shoot 38/357, so my one and only rifle is a Henry lever action in 357. Makes ammo purchase and reloading simple when I can shoot the same thing in my rifle and my handguns. I don’t do any serious hunting, so it’s more of a ‘just because I thought I might need a rifle’, but I did put a scope on it and can say it is an accurate firearm at least to 100yds(most I’ve tried.) Very nice gun.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. And it’s an excuse to get another firearm. :smiley:

You need an excuse?

1 Like

Justifying it to myself… :innocent:

1 Like

Heard an awesome quote but forgot from where.

“I need that gun to fill the want in my heart.”

2 Likes