Election Day Violence

How concerned are you with the possibility of Election Day violence, and do you feel it would be centered around polling sites?

4 Likes

In our area here in Central Wisconsin we are not worried but vigilant just the same. :us:

10 Likes

Very concerned. Democrats are sending dog whistles to their radicalized supporters encouraging the assassination of President Trump. But of course, our "honest " media is not covering it.

Trump campaign says Whitmer ‘encouraging assassination attempts’ against president with discreet TV message

4 Likes

I’m concerned about Election Day violence in all the usual places, plus the polls. I took advantage of early “mail-in” balloting (I dropped it off at the Supervisor of Elections). My wife is voting today, the first day of early voting, and reports the polling place is PACKED.

4 Likes

Election Day violence? I’m against it.

I wouldn’t be too surprised to see it. I have seen in the news where the Black Panthers stationed themselves outside polling places, and I would seriously doubt they’re the only ones who have done it.

I think Antifa and BLM have way less sense than the Black Panthers, and if either group stationed themselves outside the polls, I have no doubt that they’d be perfectly happy to beat people up, blockade the polls, or try to burn the buildings. They have shown themselves perfectly willing to do these things when they’re not polling places, so I don’t see why they’d suddenly stop.

Not too worried about them trying that where I vote, but if they try, there will be more violence, because the people here won’t put up with it.

3 Likes

I live in Florida which is one of the six states:

“Just six states — Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Texas — have laws prohibiting guns at polling places”

What is not clear to me is if a firearm can be legally locked inside a vehicle while a person is voting in Florida? Does it have to be parked off the property similar to the Post Office? I don’t know 
 either way does not do much good locked in the car :-1:

“Pennsylvania and Wisconsin have state laws that pre-empt such local laws governing firearms”

Reference: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/us/elections/its-legal-to-bring-guns-to-polling-places-in-five-battleground-states-a-new-study-says.html

2 Likes

Nebraska is a no-no at polling place.

1 Like

I might be wrong, but I was trained that a polling place is the same as a Federal gov’t building. So if your state and federal law prohibit carrying a weapon in gov buildings that is also for inside a polling place
double check your laws.
Now why local governments decided to in act these laws seems redundant
 Or are they trying to restrict the surrounding property/area around polling places to expand the gun free zone??? We need to stay vigilant!!!

2 Likes

Election Day is a time to cast your vote
privately. I find it odd to consider that polling places would be targets of violence only because no one really has any idea who you’ll vote for unless you go wearing MAGA apparel. I highly doubt there will be violence at polling places. Though I’ve been wrong before.

2 Likes

Being vigilant at a polling station unarmed is not going to keep me from getting dead from panthers that will be carrying or attempting to burn places down. The law will not protect us in the polling lines, we are just sitting ducks!

1 Like

In Shawano we vote at the City Hall so no guns but we can secure in vehicle. City and County LEOs are close by.
Nancy and I will vote on Thursday. We will be manning the Republican’s Headquarters most of the day. :us:

3 Likes

Livingston County Sheriff Mike Murphy will not enforce the ban on open carry firearms, noting he also did not enforce Whitmer’s executive orders during the pandemic.

“An order is an order and, quite frankly, is unenforceable,” he said. "They have no authority to supersede law.”

Murphy said he also doesn’t intend to enforce concealed carry bans at schools or churches used for polling locations after conversations in 2016 with the county prosecutor. For Election Day, the facility is a polling location, not a church or school.

2 Likes

It is hard for me to rationalize what anyone would do. I have always been a tactical, move with a purpose type of person. Burning the polls would create havoc. Attacking people who are voting would defeat the purpose of making a statement and would be more of a terrorist action. As a terrorist action hitting multiple voting polls would create a lot of kayos with finding out if Jo Jorgensen won the election.:slight_smile:

We voted early. So on election day we will be hunkered down at home with warm beverages, listening to Sirus XM 40’s Junction. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe a lot of people are getting their votes in as fast as possible. It is like they just want to get it over with as fast as possible.

3 Likes

Violence will probably start the day after Trump wins by a landslide.

14 Likes

I don’t get it. Aren’t most polling places either in a state/local government building or a school where weapons are already prohibited?

2 Likes

Where I live, early voting is in a failed/almost abandoned shopping mall. Offical voting is at a church.

2 Likes

In my community, no. We are a small, mostly conservative, farming town. But, just 35 minutes away is a highly liberal, college town. That town is already seeing an increase in violence, and civil unrest. Since my wife and I already voted early, in person, we are not as concerned. But, I will be avoiding any large cities for the immediate future, regardless of the election outcome.

4 Likes

Where I live it’s there is no 1000 ft. school or 100 ft. political signs barrier, you just cannot have it on you in the building.
Drive to the voting place, lock your vehicle and vote. Your over thinking it. :grinning:

1 Like