Right vs Right

I was at my community center in February this year early voting… I realize when I walked up to the door it said “No Firearms” underneath it read. “Even if you have a concealed permit not allowed”
I told the lady inside that I could not come in to vote because I had my firearm with me with my enhance concealed carry permit…
She told me to leave it in the car and then come and vote…
I told her that I felt indifference because I am giving up one right to exercise another right…
She didn’t understand but I told her the conflict of interest of one right vs another right…
When I said that she didn’t know what to say so I didn’t vote for my primary this February…

I know that it is a government building but shouldn’t the government and it’s citizens be working together and not against each other…

How can I exercise one right by putting the other right aside???

Please help me understand or I’m the only one with this conflicting…

20 Likes

I hear you. Agreed. I know there are many who see this same contradiction as you do. I noticed there are a few other posts about prohibited signs.

One of them mentioned law suits, by firearm owners, appealing to the court systems in hopes to change the laws, in attempt to reduce a restriction. I don’t know of any such wins, though I hope they are out there, wether it by city, county, or state.

Aside from us “voting in” legislators who are more supportive of our rights, I wonder what else we can do as citizens to help.

Common sense being subjective, to me - it makes more sense not to have to leave it in a car where it an be stolen.

In the rare cases I absolutely must lock it in my vehicle, I’m looking for better ways to secure it. I recently changed/opted for a stronger safe box, but i’m open to ideas. Anything that could even slow down a break in.

My current vehicle — it might not be easy to bolt on or weld a box in. One of my permit/CCL instructors installed a camera in his car, linked to his phone, whereby he could see any break-in via an ap in real time/live. Not sure if his had an alarm/alert tied to his phone, but that would be helpful.

7 Likes

If you think that your vote counts, and you want to vote, you’d climb over dead bodies to do it. I would, anyway. If you have to leave it in the car, do it. Bring your pepper spray, knife, non-lethal gun looking thingy or whatever would make you comfy. It is 2 minutes of your life in a place you’re likely safe. I suspect that most just vote concealed and ignore the signs. 'merica.

23 Likes

Just what I did 2 days ago + my cane. We need every vote. :us:

10 Likes

The person at the door is definitely no the person to talk to here.

Contact your elected representatives

I can’t imagine not voting just because I have to go from my car, in, and back to my car without a gun. Seems like not voting is a good way to lose your ‘Right’ to so much as have it in your car.

9 Likes

In my region most all polling places are in schools, so in this state (MD) I cannot even have my gun in the parking lot legally when voting. This state is so liberal that will likely never change but I can vote and pray that it does.

9 Likes

I agree with the conflict of rights. But Please Please Please Vote. Some How, Somewhere, Some Way.

16 Likes

Reminds me of Orwell’s Animal Farm

6 Likes

It truly does Brother.’ They’ (the infamous they!) are trying their dam nest to get us NOT to vote!
Johnny, I feel your pain but as other Brothers have stated please do what you have to to vote.
They may throw it in the trash, delete it, pad the ballot boxes w/ dead people but KARMA is in the hunt now, It’s coming out that they stole the last one, and if we make it to the election late this year without them causing an awful Black Sawn event the Trumpinator will be back in da houze by Jan 20th!
Last time I voted they made it so unpleasant for me because I intentionally wore a ‘Let’s go Brandon’ shirt.
When they accepted the ballot this snarky little pissant tried to put the ‘I voted’ sticker over the logo. Just being a total demon-cratic dik.
I lifted my shirt and put the sticker on my Holster! :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:Buddy! He looked like he was gonna pass out!.. My Sister saw this and just shook her head!
The demons time has come to an end!

HA! I VOTED! BANG BANG!

11 Likes

All the States I have lived in had restrictions against bringing firearms into polling stations. Are there any states that don’t?

Perhaps these laws were made to reduce past pressures where people were made to feel they needed to vote a certain way when an armed group stood in or next to a polling station?

Not sure if these regulations are very effective since a group of people with baseball bats or clenched fists could be just as intimidating if you aren’t allowed to carry a firearm to defend yourself from ruffians who threaten severe bodily injury if you don’t do what they want.

Regardless, I feel a few minutes of being less capable of defending myself are worth the risk to try and vote some of these corrupt politicians out of office. Though maybe not if we are just voting to replace them with kleptocrats with different names but the same agenda.

6 Likes

There are. Although I don’t recall being able to legally carry while voting, yet, myself, in the two states I have lived

3 Likes

My state (NM) has restrictions up the azz!
I had no intention of showing off, Brandishing
Making it obvious I had a firearm but this guy pissed me off.
No Cops, Security @ this storefront voting Palace
I flashed to him alone, Shocked his azz and boogied! Laughing.
I WOULDN’T do it again! EVER! But one nose tweek and I call it done.
Next Vote no Gun at all, Holster, butter knife nothing.
Just sweet, Innocent little old me! :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:wolf in sheeps clothing :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

4 Likes

I do feel that if someone is going to deny someone else the right to defend themselves that those doing so are at least somewhat responsible for the safety of those they are requiring to be defenseless.

6 Likes

They simply DON’T CARE!
Sham, Do you feel this gooberment gives a Ratz Azz about us or our safety?

I sure as hell don’t.

5 Likes

Wonderful idea. That makes a very strong statement. I wish I had thought of that. Imagine if we all went to the polls OC holster sans firearm.

5 Likes

Oh Brother Zee Holstair Vazen’t M-Tee! Mon Ami!, She was stuffed w/ M&P9 Brothair!

LIKE I stated, I had zero intention of making it known I was carrying
Had there been a Cop/Security she would have played possum.
This Polling place was a former Frozen Custard establishment, not a school, Fed building.
I had an oversize shirt on w/ a Hawaiian button down shirt over it.

but NOW you’ve given me an idea I should not take but I’m gonna!
An empty holster! Brilliant Dave absolutely brilliant! Muahahahahahaha!

4 Likes

I didn’t see anything in Utah law that said I couldn’t carry a firearm into a polling place. Polling places aren’t on the restricted places list.

I did find this, identification for voting in person

(iii) a currently valid Utah permit to carry a concealed weapon;

8 Likes

The way I’ve done it for years. Go with another 2Aer, I leave my firearm in the car with them while I vote, then they leave theirs with me while they vote.

9 Likes

“How can I exercise one right by putting the other right aside???”

I would have ignored the sign, taken it to Court if I were arrested. I vote at a Church social center, which has no markings of any sort. It’s their gym.

The only reason to be concerned about guns at a polling place is if people are using them to intimidate voters.

Wearing a concealed firearm is a private thing. Ought to stay private.

7 Likes

When I am driving down the road and going over the speed limit everyone going the speed limit knows I am breaking the law. When I go to vote I am carrying concealed nobody knows I am breaking the law. I forgive myself because I know is someone starts shooting to murder people I can do something to stop them.

6 Likes