Election Day Violence

WE obey firearms laws. That’s what makes me worried.

It puts us at a disadvantage. Local PD can only do so much.
I wish we have someone like that sheriff who have no qualms deputizing law abiding citizens.

2 Likes

I don’t think there will be much violence on Election Day itself, other than maybe a few individual scuffles if someone can tell who you are voting for (like wear a MAGA hat) and they disagree and start a confrontation.

The problem will be as the polls close and election results come in. The losing side may take umbrage with the result and protest/riot that day or soon thereafter. If there is no clear winner because they will spend days counting mail-in ballots, and possibly recounts, and possibly people will be upset their votes were thrown out because they forgot a comma somewhere… Then I think it has the possibility to get really ugly.

I just hope for cool heads to prevail no matter the result of the election.

7 Likes

A big part of it is location. The radicals on both sides will be taking up positions in areas where their “enemies” have a strong demographic concentration.

1 Like

@Catburd Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. I think you are correct. :+1:

1 Like

I think we are the majority, silent or not. :thinking:

3 Likes

My general feeling is that we probably don’t have to really worry about anything widespread until the weekend immediately after. However, I am of the opinion things will get ugly because of the strong and dogmatic eliminationist language that pundits have been feeding the radicals on their respective sides of the political divide.
I predict we will see isolated pockets of intense violence, and specifically where it happens will depend on what the outcome is.
If Trump wins, it will be in the form of large scale property damage, fires, retail looting, and scattered incidents of home invasion, primarily in upper middle income subdivisions and urban commercial centers. The places where the radical fringe left have told their underlings that Trump’s staunchest supporters live and work.

If Biden wins, it will look much more like domestic terrorism. In particular, northern California’s water reserves that supply a large portion of US produce, power and utilities, and potentially centers of community power and control such as police and community resources. You will likely see a smaller number of detached attacks by radicals as a form of punishment against liberal “institutions” such as outreach centers, women’s reproductive health centers, and minority community centers.

The media will spin it too. The response from the left will look like animalistic, untargeted wanton violence against anything at arm’s reach. The response from the right will look much more like widespread hate crime. Again, regardless of who’s at fault, it will likely be ugly.

Do not expect to know the outcome the day after.

4 Likes

I live right in the crack between a farm/heavy industrial community and a large college campus. I feel like we’re going to get hit hard the Friday night after the election.

3 Likes

I remember the year the Black Panthers situated themselves outside live voting sites.

As a 2012 poll watcher in a “sleepy” precinct in Houston, what I witnessed was chilling.

I’ll be an election official this November; “no guns allowed” but only good guys obey laws.
Disrepectful Antifa flared these last 4 years. After the huge fires of this summer, well, I just hope we witness a peaceful non-transition from 11/3/20 thru 1/21/21.

6 Likes

It’s against the law to take a firearm into a polling place.

2 Likes

@Catburd Welcome to the community. I don’t think you will see conservatives out creating mayhem. Got to get to work the next week and weekends are precious. Good point about “high-value” targets the anarchist might assault. Why would patriots need to go anywhere if the party is coming to them?

3 Likes

I expect to see a call by certain groups that having LE at polling places to keep the peace will intimidate certain voters to not come and vote.

There will be cities that ban LE from going to protect polling places.

7 Likes

I live in No Where, Alabama and the most excitement we have had on election day was the last election day about 100 head of cattle had a jail break, broke the fence and ran wild in the streets. Cows gone mad. I do hope all those affected by the violence and civil unrest take care and stay vigilant. Stay safe out there.

7 Likes

Is this our future if we lose? :thinking:

4 Likes

Love shawano. Beautiful. Fished there when young. Always vote in person & at city hall near sheriffs dept. Firearm in vehicle pepper spray in pocket. More concerned about after it’s over. Shtf…

2 Likes

Nationally I fear they will be massive violence. If Pres Trump wins the democrats will go batshit. If Sleepy Joe wins, the democrats will come after conservatives and that will create a LOT of violence.
Not to concerned in my immediate area, say 30 mile circumfrence, but larger cities it is going to be a disaster, I suspect also at polling places. This will be an election like none other and no one will accept the results as legitimate no matter who wins.

3 Likes

https://mailchi.mp/a19e6816a77a/fo-how-the-low-intensity-conflict-is-developing?e=5a99f4e0c4

1 Like

We likely won’t know who won for several days, so there’ll be even more time for mischief,
Early voting will keep many away from the polls, which may or may not be a good thing.
Quite frankly I’m glad not to be working as a precinct officer this time 'round!

3 Likes

You’re right, there is going to be violence no matter who wins!!! We must be prepared.

5 Likes

2 weeks from today.
Make sure your freezer, pantry, linen closet and fridge are full, before there is rationing of meat, soup and paper products.

If nothing happens and everything is SOP, then no problem. You got a bunch of groceries you’ll always be able to just use as normal.

8 Likes

Where I’m located, I’m not at all concerned. The nation in general … very concerned.

4 Likes