Dropped self defence insurance

Not knowing or be worried is not the same as trolling… no reason for false accusations.

@Nuthatch , next time start with SEARCH to find answers to your questions before asking on new thread. Less stress, longer life. :wink:

Happy reading :point_down:

4 Likes

I made a rare trip to a formal range today. Had a really good time. But was talking about various memberships in various pro 2A organizations with one of the RSOs and mentioned I was a USCCA member. He went into the whole they will just drop you in a self defense event thing. I tried to explain the misinformation that was going around but he appeared to have bought into it hook line and sinker.

Unfortunately it seems that in this country nowadays BS is taken for the gospel truth and the truth just gets scoffed at and ignored.

10 Likes

I have found that folks will go to extremes of belief so they can justify holding on to their $29 a month. They can go to bed at nights cozy in their “knowledge” that SD Insurance is a gimmick that doesn’t work. They will do no further (or real) homework or give it any more though and furthermore they will tell everyone they can what a bad idea it is.

Foolish logic that I hope never bites them in the ass.

9 Likes

Spoon fed by social media.

5 Likes

That is the plan.

11 Likes

#goodnight from pontmarius

3 Likes

Goodnight Gracie.
I thought Burns and Allan were hilarious.

3 Likes

We are showing our age!

4 Likes

Become a member of Law of Self Defense https://lawofselfdefense.com/ and learn the legal boundaries. My wife and I are Platinum members. Standard membership also available.

2 Likes

Understand that membership in Branca’s LoSD provides none of the post-event support that any of the several so-called self-defense “insurance” organizations (which includes USCCA) can provide. He will not represent a member in court as your attorney. What he does is commit to working for you as an expert legal adviser to your lawyers if you find yourself in a case, at no additional cost beyond your membership. That service alone could be extremely valuable. He knows his stuff and is an expert on self-defense law.
In any event, Branca highly recommends everyone have a post-event “self-defense insurance” plan, and he recommends one particular organization.

I like what Branca teaches, have attended a couple of his live seminars at conferences, and completed both his full LoSD class with state supplement and his LoSD Instructor Program. I use his guiding content of five essential elements for a successful self-defense claim in court in classes I teach, and recommend to my students they at least get his book, even if they cannot complete his class.
I also highly recommend to my students that they join one of the post-event support programs, but do not recommend any particular one, or tell them which one I have. Rather, I suggest they research each and decide what will meet their needs.

5 Likes

What are the legal boundaries? Boundaries to what? Where?

1 Like

The Five Elements of Self Defense Law:

1. Innocence
  2. Imminence
  3. Proportionality
  4. Avoidance
  5. Reasonableness
3 Likes

Law of Self Defense teaches and protects your mind. Once you pull (or press) the trigger It doesn’t protect you during legal battles.
It’s good to follow Andrew Branca’s videos, read his book and learn from him to become responsible and knowledgeable before you use the firearm.

4 Likes

Can someone explain the added value of this membership in Branca?

Confused Travolta GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes
  1. Access to legal analysis videos not available to non-members.
  2. Fully prepaid service as an expert legal consultant to your primary attorney should you ever be in a case involving you claiming self defense. He says he no longer takes such jobs from other than his Platium members.
3 Likes

:point_down:

• full access to current and archived blogs, posts and video
  • access to Podcast (comments, Q&A, Analysis)
  • access to Andrew Branca Live Shows
  • Consultations:
  • Prioritized, GUARANTEED access to Andrew’s legal consult services for your case, regardless of Andrew’s other commitments.
  • 20 hours of his expert legal consult services, double what is normally necessary, for no additional cost.
  • No exceptions or exclusions: Andrew is there for you regardless of the circumstances of your case. We don’t care, for example, if you were drinking at the time, or carrying in a gun-free zone.
  • Post-Trial Coverage that restarts your 20 hours in case you need to appeal a conviction
4 Likes

@Jerzees @Craig_AR

Thanks for the insight. I’ve added him to my YouTube follow list.

The first one I reviewed seems valuable,

His presentation is direct and clear.

I will follow for awhile to evaluate his perspective!

4 Likes

@George98 , if you haven’t done it yet, go to his website and order his book.

I personally consider this book as “Bible for Responsible Armed Citizens”.
Once you read it - all self defense cases he analyses on his channel or blogs are easier to understand. The whole idea of self defense is based on 5 elements described by him.

3 Likes

While you can pay Amazon $25 for the book, on the LoSD website you can order a copy for the cost of shipping only - book is free.

3 Likes

I had it just to watch all the training videos and buy a few things then I canceled!! My father is a lawyer so I don’t need it and he explained all the catchs that companies like this one had!! But is up to everyone to decide on their own and if y’all think this work keep paying for it!! Just remember that the math is a tool that all this people use to see where is the profit and get people!! 95% of people take a plead by that being say off course they will sell u all this pay marketing to get people to join!! They can drop ur cover in the discovery and the one that take that decision is not a lawyer!! At the end u can have the most solid self defense case but if the jury finds u guilty u better be ready to start paying everything back lol in court is a dice game u never know what can happen up to the da gets tired and stop trying to get u convicted!!! I will never say y’all shouldn’t get it but y’all need to do y’all homework before start paying for something and waste more money at the end!! No one wants to spend time and wants to be taking days off from work so if the plead is good enough anyone will take it to just be done with everything but just with that u lose ur cover and will had to pay everything back!!! Remember I case can take months or even years and if for any reason they drop ur cover and u don’t got the money to prove ur innocence ur done!!I don’t got nothing against USCCA but I’m just putting this out there !!

1 Like