Downtown

Meanwhile the war between black intellectuals and the civilian population continues in Chicago. You gotta hand it to these scholars (the future engineers of Illinois), “Nobody does it better.”

5 Likes

Yes, we must remove those guns from Chicago’s street !!! :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Makes me feel warm cozy and safe in downtown Salt Lake City…

6 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:
@Mike164 , but you should see the difference… we are reading posts about SLC almost everyday… Chicago pops up here from time to time… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

It’s the quality, not the quantity that matters :wink:

4 Likes

I see, we had a quality in Chicago this weekend. All the crimes were synchronized and scheduled between 11 pm and 1 am.
Quick mess and then a whole weekend without issues. That’s a quality you cannot find in other cities… :point_up: :face_with_monocle: :thinking:
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

(504) DB’s between ringing in the New year and Halloween!
WOW Mayor Pointy head!
Yer doin’ an incredible Job!
(Stop taking notes outta the former mayor’s playbook!)

I think I’m going to open a Multi racial Funeral Parlor! Smack dab in the city of brotherly LOVE!

WWG1WE don’t go to Chi-Town!

2 Likes

According to the article …

“The Sun Times indicated 504 people were killed in Chicago January 1, 2023, through November 4, 2023.”

That’s an average of 50 people a month killed in Chicago every month.

Lesson: Don’t live in Chicago.

5 Likes

We little folk in St. George feel the same. :grinning:

2 Likes

Apparently (From the article of course) Don’t go in Alley ways either…

Bad for your health! Alley ways: (2) Street: (1)

2 Likes

These days “you can be wherever you have a right to be” doesn’t apply anymore.
It is not the Chicago only. It’s all over the USA.

Living in Chicago is not bad if you know where to live, where and when to go. 1 am in alley? In Englewood or next to Washington Park? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: You have to be either mad, stupid or a gang member.
I was “stupid one” 18 years ago. I learned my lesson and I’m an “old and wise” now.
If all of us will be wise as well, we shouldn’t care about shooting at nights in such places. Let them shoot each other, collect the corps and live happily outside those places. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

From law abiding citizens. After all Illinois does have it’s criminal protection act

Ha! On my first trip to Chicago – Valentine’s Day – I wanted to see the Museum of Science and Industry. My wife’s great aunt was the dissected body on display that looks like it was sawed up with a band saw. I wanted to see the German submarine.

I recollect that the Museum is south of downtown where we were staying. I mapped out a route using the “El” and we got on the train and rode towards the Museum. The landscape got more and more bombed out. We reached our destination – by then, we were the only people on the train – and got out. The train pulled half way out of the station and the engineer leaned out the window and asked “Do you know where you are at?” “Not really” was our reply. “Get back on the train, right now!” was the engineer’s reply.

We rode back to downtown and hailed a cab.

5 Likes

Yeah… the cab, Uber, Lyft… these are the best option to get to see anything in Chicago. Do not risk taking train… :neutral_face:

The area around I290, I90/I94 next to Downtown is known as “no go zone”.
My son spent 2 years in UIC Dormitory, next to the highway… he didn’t need to use his watch after 9 pm.
Once he heard “pap-pap-pap” he knew it was a time to go in sleep-mode :yawning_face:

5 Likes

When I was a kid we would go to the Museum of Science and Industry, also the Field Museum, the zoo, Riverview, Chicago was a great place 60 years ago. Haven’t been there since my son graduated the Art school 30 years ago. Anyone who wants to visit Chicago today, I have advise-----DON’T

3 Likes

Anyone who wants to visit Chicago today - you are very welcome here.

Don’t be a prisoner of bad thoughts.
If you know what you want to to in the City, make sure you use Uber or Lyft and don’t walk in the alleys after 10 pm. Simple like that. No reason to avoid this beautiful City.

I hope nobody takes advices from somebody who haven’t visited the City for last 30 years… :neutral_face: :smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sorry Jerzy, I didn’t mean to insult your city. My problem with Chicago is if you don’t live in Illinois and have a FOID card then you can’t carry, limiting the ability to defend yourself. Your right it is a beautiful city. I just won’t go places that I can’t carry. So I’ll change my statement to if you don’t have a FOID card, and don’t mind leaving your firearm home then Chicago offers fine restaurants, great entertainment venues and museums,and zoos. But for me, I won’t go anywhere that I’m not allowed to defend myself

Sorry again, didn’t mean to offend. I know that you’re a good guy and I respect your opinions.

3 Likes

in a city that is violent and you may very well need to defend yourself.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Apologies accepted. :wink:
No worries @Eugene49 . I know you didn’t mean that. I fully understood what did you mean by those words.
I’m a freshman here… 18 years doesn’t seem a lot… but I have been able to find the beauty of Chicago City.
Taking out all the politics from the City would make this place a very pleasant spot to live.

But analyzing your previous post - you are right about Chicago these days. It is still not a war zone, but certain places in certain hours should be avoided at all costs.
Even you are put in self defense situation you cannot be sure if your legal actions will be prosecuted from “reasonable person” perspective.

Anyway… Chicago is not so bad that everyone needs to avoid it. :wink: There are still “normal” people living here.

4 Likes