More Chicago lunacy

State money is involved. I sure hope people will pocket the check, and be smart about it and not show up to be slaughtered by gangbangers.

5 Likes

They did something similar here but more directed at the homeless. Didn’t work out too good though. The homeless called them spies for the police so they wouldn’t talk to them.

3 Likes

Bring on the social workers:

5 Likes

George Nine-Eight! Beautiful Brother! This IS a clown show after-all!

“this new unit is going to be mobile and can respond to or work in other areas”

soooooooooooooooo they can drive themselves to the Morgue before bleeding out ! It’s a Win-Win!

3 Likes

Just more graft or a way to pay supporters

2 Likes

Just for the mental rememberance (Ah, the good bad old days in New York City)

Crime, high jobless rate, pollution, ‘dirty water dogs’ frankfurters to you other 49 stater’s)
Chain snatching, assaults on the subway, strong arm assaults and lo and behold here come these ‘kids’
THE GUARDIAN ANGELS led by Curtis Sliwa (and his wife Lisa). Most of them had Martial Arts training of some sort, All of them were ‘street fighters w/ Angel wings’. You saw criminals melt away when they saw one of these guys in their car. Red Berets, White tees and serious attitudes! FABULOUS! did more for us
basement riders than a million transit cops. There was routinely articles in the NY Post of some perp being carried out of the tunnels, leg broken, face bloodied (this is where I get 'If it bleeds it read from)
Then you had bernie getz but that one alerted us to the fact that criminals were using strap hangers as pin cushions!
Point being we need to get involved before we lose total control over the Skells
and you can add whomever you wish to the skells list

4 Likes

Chicago suffers 34 shot, 8 killed as bloody Memorial Day weekend nears end (msn.com)

3 Likes

I wonder what Curtis Sliwa would say about this?

6 Likes

The question is was he impersonating a “Peacekeeper” or was this one of the people actually employed as one?

I suspect that impersonating a “Peacekeeper” does not carry the same penalties as impersonating a police officer so it would be a good disguise for a violent criminal to help keep their victims guards down. But given Chicago’s record it wouldn’t surprise me if they were hiring recently released violent criminals to keep the peace. Can see how that would make more sense to them than actually funding and supporting some real police:/

3 Likes

You seem unfamiliar with the concept of restorative justice. Maybe one criminal disappointed, lets keep at it, and trust a thousand more criminals, and expect a different result.

3 Likes

thing is
 in too many places should you actually do such things now

YOU are the one the DA goes after
 need to get rid of such DA’s
 FIRST

over time the law has gradually changed to punish citizens over criminals

perhaps the bleeding heart libs types created this
 ???

our perhaps LEO’s and legal system was doing too good job???

news reporting got too NICE and failed to tell some stories or hide em back page???

and so the public became overly sheltered

and never understood what the real world can be like???

IMHO to many vets avoid telling stories of what they went through

cause it upsets family and friends
 and that is probably the worst thing you can do

IMHO telling them does 2 things one it helps them better understand why you are the way you are

and two it tells them what the REAL world is like!

course that’s just my opinion

5 Likes

Old dudefour-nine,

IMHO telling them does 2 things one it helps them better understand why you are the way you are

and two it tells them what the REAL world is like!

OD49 Rocks the house! (In my humble opinion) ;c)

1 Like

Brother @Don102
I was a NYC Transit cop when I first got into law enforcement. I definitely remember the Guardian Angels and their presence did make a difference. There was a lot of chain snatchers, pick pockets and assaults going on in those days and the subway system was the perfect place for that.

6 Likes

Johnnyq-ninety,
In my opinion Sir being a Transit Police Officer in NYC (@ anytime) that took an extremely large pair of ‘Cohones’ Your radio’s were under powered, the reception w/ dispatch sucked
back-up was well
God Bless you Brother. I am happy you survived that job.

4 Likes

If you know any thing about the Wild West, lawmen and criminals went from one side of the law to the other quite often. Be a lawman in one town, get fired and go rob a train the next day/week.

3 Likes

This reminds me of an old joke.
What do Brazilians call a Brazil Nut?
They call it a nut! LOL

What do you call a shooting in Chicago? Monday, Tuesday

In Chicago it’s not lunacy, it’s normal!
They wake up, thinking, how can we beat yesterday’s record?

5 Likes

So did this “peacekeeper” use to be a police officer? Nah, doubt it, and strongly :grin:

1 Like

@Don102
I had a lot of good times as a transit cop and made the best of it. One of the greatest jobs in the world.

5 Likes

@Don102
I had a lot of good times as a transit cop and made the best of it. One of the greatest jobs in the world.

5 Likes

6 minutes to go folks.

9 dead, 47 hurt in Memorial Day weekend shootings across Chicago (msn.com)

8 Likes