Does your state allow you to carry in...?

I never carry if I know I’m going to drink & I never except a drink if I am.

8 Likes

I am in SC as well. Just took the cwp class. Instructor said Churches fall outside of SLED and the churches asked for it to be non carry.

Hecalso stated you could ask the church for permission to conceal carry. If you do and they say yes, get it in writing and make sure it is from someone that helps run the church.

You could as possibly talk to them about creating a response team if they don’t already have one.

There are a lot of places that are teaching classes for church protection.

4 Likes

In Utah you can carry and drink as long as you are under the legal limit. Here the legal limit is .05 which equates to about 2 drinks with in the same time frame. Now as this State is church ran and not government ran, if you had a jury deciding your fate… as most would be anti drinking and think you should be condemned for doing so… you would more thank likely be screwed even if the entire jury was conservative. That being said, If I want to have a beer with my dinner at Texas roadhouse or something, I will. I am not going to be stupid though.

4 Likes

This may differ from state to state, however my understanding is if the establishment is 2/3 dedicated to serving alcohol and 1/3 food I can’t carry in that location, if reversed, no problem as long as I’m not sitting at the bar.

5 Likes

Or obey laws!

5 Likes

This does vary by state.

5 Likes

Seems like pretty easy rules to follow👍

4 Likes

Actually have no worries, I don’t drink! Hence I carry 24/7/365 anywhere I legally please!

5 Likes

I just NEVER mix the two. No matter what my state law says I know that even a small amount of alcohol impairs your thinking.

6 Likes

Looks like Idaho allows but I will not touch a firearm after having a drink. Alcohol comes out guns get put away.

5 Likes

On facility you have to see that PÇ 30.06 or 30.07 they should have it on the main entrance before you go inside of the Bar or some case they might have it at bar but i would rather leave your firearm at home when alcohol is involved

3 Likes

@Jairo. Welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe. :grinning:

2 Likes

I carry everywhere.

4 Likes

I live in Georgia and alcohol consumption negates your permit. Firearms are not allowed in any establishment that serves alcohol. A permit is required to to carry open or concealed.

3 Likes

@KittyLovesGod
I live In SC as well. We can carry concealed in church if the church allows it.
SC Code of Laws - Section 23 - 31 - 215 (M) (8)
(M) A permit issued pursuant to this section does not authorize a permit holder to carry a concealable weapon into a:
(8) church or other established religious sanctuary unless express permission is given by the appropriate church official or governing body;
Get permission from the church. If they will not allow it, they are effectively denying you your right to protect yourself and loved ones. If that’s the case then, IMO, it may be time to find another church.

4 Likes

Thank you. You do the same

3 Likes