Deleted My Facebook account today

Not that Facebook will care, or even miss me, but I deleted my account today. I will not support that type of a platform. I really didn’t use it much anyway.

I wish I had used Twitter, so that I could drop them too.

To permanently delete your account:

1. Click (the down arrow) in the top right of Facebook.
  2. Select Settings & Privacy , then click Settings .
  3. Click Your Facebook Information in the left column.
  4. Click Deactivation and Deletion .
  5. Choose Permanently Delete Account , then click Continue to Account Deletion .
  6. Click Delete Account , enter your password and then click Continue .
47 Likes

They will never miss me either - I’ve never had an an account with Facebook nor Twitter. Although it will reduce your number of entries for Aero Precision’s giveaways :grinning:

7 Likes

Never had one, don’t have to worry about that! Never had any of the InstaGoogleTweetFaceCabbage.

4 Likes

I’m still wondering, what is the reason to have any social media account. :thinking:
What is interesting with knowing somebody’s breakfast? Or watching people doing stupid stuff.
Today’s social media has nothing common with sending valuable information.
Everybody wants to be first to post the most crazy things and receive “likes”…
Nope thank you… I Still prefer to be normal person…normal in XX Century’s meaning…
I don’t know if this means the same these days…

7 Likes

I also don’t have a FB account, my wife has one with us together. Right now my only social media is the USCCA family and that’s all I need.

15 Likes

Never had any of them. Nobody needs to know (or even cares about) my every waking thought. I don’t give a damn about theirs. If I want someone to know something, I’ll call or text. I may even stop by and tell them face-to-face, the way it should be.

3 Likes

You remember when phones were used for calling people? That takes me back.

Think of how much better life was before caller ID, texting, having the cumulative worlds knowledge at your fingertips, where you had to go over to your friends house and ask his/her mom if they were home or talk to the parents on the phone. Meeting up with your friends at a certain place/time and then just having them magically show up?

:notes: Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol’ days. :notes:

15 Likes

I am keeping my facespook for now. I use it for jokes and funny memes.

5 Likes

Haha… Yes, for us that life was much better…but have you tried to explain this to kids? They will call you “old timer” :grimacing:

What happens these days is a “normal” XXI Century life… People don’t care that they are actually controlled. Easy life - that’s the current values.

Do you remember “Terminator” movies?
Long time ago when I watched it first time, that was great futuristic movie. These days it’s almost the truth. Of course I don’t believe in time traveling Terminators, but rest about technology it real. There’s no privacy anymore, having social media is like opening back door to your life. Unless you are using them smart… :wink:

3 Likes

11 Likes

Did same thing 2 days ago. my FB and Twitter. Gone! Starting new year with better mind and body.

5 Likes

I deleted my fb 2 years ago now. I haven’t used twitter since then either and also deleted my instagram. I miss talking to friends all the time but have definitely learned which ones really care about me. The important and close ones almost immediately text or called me asking if everything was good and we’ve been in contact ever since even without social media.

6 Likes

Facebook alternative

Twitter alternative

https://parler.com/auth/access

4 Likes

I have done the same, along with delegating FireFox.

3 Likes

I’ll keep mine. We have a have Facebook page for the 4H shooting sports. It’s where we post scores, practice schedules, and other updates.

8 Likes

And that’s a meaning of having FB account :clap:

3 Likes

Good for you!!! Never been on it. Never will. Same for twitter. Can u imagine the impact to social media if every conservative and pro 2A person did the same? Might not bring them crashing down…but It would sure rattle their cage.

6 Likes

Enjoy that while it lasts. Parler is going away, too.

Amazon Web Services gives Parler 24-hour notice that it will suspend services to the company | TechCrunch

4 Likes
2 Likes

Parler says it will be back up in a few days.

5 Likes