Taking the high road: Social Media

The USCCA Community is moderated to ensure we have a welcoming, respectful environment so everyone can ask questions and really learn without fear of being attacked by keyboard warriors.

Sometimes the moderation is called out for being too strict or not strict enough - on the same thread… :woman_shrugging: We want to make sure what happened to Rick Sapp and his wife (see the blog post below) NEVER happens here.
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/anti-social-media/

What other Social Media Platforms are you on?

• I don’t do other social media
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Snapchat
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • YouTube
  • Reddit
  • Other Please list below

0 voters

How do you keep yourself safe on social media?

2 Likes

Did you know you can follow the USCCA on:

Facebook Redirecting...
Twitter www.twitter.com/USCCA
Snapchat USCCA
Instagram www.instagram.com/uscca
Pinterest www.pinterest.com/uscca
YouTube www.youtube.com/user/USCCAtraining

Be sure to say Hi to the USCCA Digital Care Team who moderates those media platforms! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

For the record I think this forum is moderated appropriately, it keeps conversations productive. When you first started and it was a smaller group it was easy. As it’s opened up it become more difficult because there’s more opinions.

Also people are passionate about their rights, as they should. That’s hard to keep in check sometimes. I’ve written a few comments and deleted them before posting.

Keep it up, I’m on this more than any other platform.

9 Likes

I’m technically “on” facebook, as I have an account, but I use it solely for communication and class updates from my dog trainer. I haven’t made an actual post or updated any of my info there for many years. I don’t like social media for the most part, and choose not to participate, as I feel it has completely taken over people’s lives. It’s really sad to me when my wife and I go out to eat or something and see other couples and families out, but every one of them is on a device. They’re there together physically, but nowhere near each other mentally.

I joined here because I’ve been impressed with everything USCCA does and felt this would be a worthwhile community to be a part of. I also agree with @Sheepdog556 that this forum is moderated very well.

4 Likes

I scroll past things on Instagram (and like a few), but I don’t post there.

The only social media account I use is LinkedIn… and I don’t post much there.

3 Likes

Facebook, MeWe and Sheepdog Nation.

4 Likes

I use Facebook like I do here.

People want to pick a fight and it’s ignored.
I’m always courteous and like thanksgiving try to avoid certain conversations.

3 Likes

Imgur

3 Likes

I’m on a few other platforms, but this is the only one I’m actually active in. The rest I’m just a passive viewer/observer (maybe a comment once every three months). That’s also how I keep myself safe (by not engaging online).

4 Likes

I echo sherpdog’s views. I get very involved when the issues revolve around politics, but thanks to many good members I try to keep my ego in check.

P.S. I would still suspend Dawn for 30 seconds for eye rolling Glocks.:grin:

3 Likes

I picked “other” since I don’t have an account on any of the platforms mentioned. I do have sign-in accounts on several firearms related message boards but since joining the community I rarely visit them and virtually never post or reply on them.

I do visit YouTube quite often to watch videos but I don’t sign in or post comments. I sometimes cruise through Facebook marketplace but I don’t have a Facebook account and never have had. Everything I know about the other sites mentioned is what I have learned here when someone posts a screen shoot of something they found on one of them.

I already spend too much time on this platform. If I engaged on others I’d never get anything done!

4 Likes

LOL! I’ll suspend myself for an hour around noon today, does that help, @Michael7? :wink:

You are getting something done here, @David38 - you’re learning and helping others learn! :smiley:

5 Likes

Facebook is how I was invited here, so those 2 are a given. Instagram, just for the goofy pictures my friends and family post. I do follow some of the 2A groups in there, in case Facebook and YouTube shut them all the way down. I use YouTube a lot at home. I do try to stay courteous, although sometimes I get a little wound up. Being a deacon at a church, I obviously don’t resort to foul language, or anything overly demeaning. Also, since I coach a 4H rifle team, that is funded through a liberal college (U of I), I mind my P’s and Q’s to be a good ambassador for our cause/way of life.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That will work Dawn. Now I can delete all these Glocks Are Great links I’ve been getting ready to post. Have a great lunch!:grin:

3 Likes

In reading the story, Mr Sapp was in a lose/lose situation…address the person and alert the neighbors, you’re a racist, fascist, xenophobic, Christian right wing extremist attempting to spread your poison through the neighborhood…don’t address the person and suddenly a number of home break-ins occur or worse her body is found by the side of the highway and leading to sex slave traffic ring and you were a “one percenter” too concerned with your own life to look over and show care to another human being or their neighbors…

2 Likes

If you only knew how many times I’ve been called that. Along with Hitler :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If they only knew my great grandfather fought against Nazisim being apart of U.S. Army Airborne along with my grandfather who fought against the communist in Vietnam while serving in the U.S. Air Force…

My father who died and myself were the only one’s who never put the uniform on for this country.

2 Likes

I’m on Twitter, Parler, YouTube, Linkedin, and here. I was on Facebook but for some unknown reason both of my accounts were disabled. And I haven’t been able to find out why. Facebook doesn’t have a way to talk to talk to them to ask questions. And I’ve tried to open another one last month and wasn’t able to open one.

3 Likes

I mainly keep up with my grown sons on Facebook. They post pictures of some of the events they go to see. I watch YouTube and look at things on Instagram, but rarely post, will like something occasionally.

5 Likes