Membership rules

OK, I have a quick (and probably dumb) question.
Do you have to be a USCCA member to post here, or is this a ‘public’ forum? The reason why I am asking is that I frequent a couple of other forums, and on one that advertises itself as free of ‘social/political policing’ a few posters were ‘underwhelmed’ with the moral tenor of the posts. I was thinking of recommending the USCCA Community, but that would not be productive if tou have to be a member to post here. @dawn? @zee?
Thanks!

3 Likes

@Henry_A. Henry I have seen Dawn @Dawn post at least a couple times where you do not need to be a member for posting here.

3 Likes

You do NOT have to be a USCCA member to be a part of the Community. You DO need a USCCA account -whether it’s with your USCCA Membership or a Free account.

YES, the free account is FREE. And yes, they will get USCCA emails. There is a way to tailor the emails you receive from the USCCA in ever email we send.

You can give them the www.uscca.com/community address to check it out. Just let them know they won’t be able to post unless they have a USCCA account (free or member account).

Why isn’t this members only? Because our mission includes education and training - and this open forum definitely falls into those aspects of our mission. Granted, I was just discussing possible restricted section for Member-Only content that is currently only in the Dashboard at www.uscca.com (let me know if you don’t know about those!)

7 Likes

Thanks, @Dawn, I will remember that and pass the info on when appropriate.
Stay Safe!

2 Likes

I tell people about USCCA all of the time. And also about the community. And tell them to check it out. I also tell them that if they do join USCCA to use me as a referral. And that way I will get credit for it.

2 Likes

Great point, @Reloader54! If you’re a USCCA Member and want to refer someone to be a USCCA member, there’s a handy-dandy link in your USCCA Dashboard.

What’s that? You don’t know how to find your dashboard? Here’s how you find it:
Visit www.uscca.com

in the upper right hand corner of the page there is a login button.
Use your email address associated with your USCCA account for your username.
If you don’t remember your password, there is a link to reset it there as well.
Once you’ve logged in it should take you to your USCCA Dashboard.
That looks somewhat like this - it will have your information on it, not mine :wink:

The red arrows (aren’t on the dashboard) show where you can click to send info to a friend.

If once you log in you don’t see the My Dashboard screen, but you’re back at the USCCA homepage, simply click the login button or the Hi [Name] and go to My Account.