Credit Cards are Now Coded

When credit scores become as difficult to maintain as doing your taxes, you know we’re in trouble.

Watch “POLITICO WARNS DEMS: Gun and Ammo CC codes are hurting Dems and banks have had enough… KEEP GOING!” on YouTube

Here is some good news. Law suites are a bad thing,
but maybe the Credit Card Companies have had
enough and that are going to fight the real problems
and not the customers.

Watch “MASSIVE 2A WIN!!! Another infringement ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!” on YouTube

Update !!! Thank you

1 Like

My CC was just rejected for a Palmetto State Armory purchase. I was purchasing two red dots and an AR9.

Not sure if I had to do two separate transactions since the AR9 needs to go to the the FFL. Anyway all three items were in my cart.

The order went through, but only for the red dots and not the AR9, which was still in my cart with a message to try again. I did and it clearly stated that it was declined for the item. Forgot exact verbiage they used, but clear that they weren’t allowing the purchase.

I was using a Wells Fargo Visa and not sure which of the two didn’t allow the purchase. I will call my bank tomorrow to see if it was them or Visa.

Anyway, happy to see that American Express had no issues and the order went through!

Can’t wait to try out my AR9!!

Update: Turns out Wells Fargo rejected the transaction thinking it was fraud. They did send a text message at the time, but my phone was already on do not disturb and I didn’t see it until the morning.

I called PSA to try to have them change the CC, but they have no way. The order had already been charged to my AmEx card.

I asked to to cancel the order and I ordered it again since I had informed my bank that it wasn’t a fraudulent transaction and was able to buy it with the original Wells Fargo Visa.

I have better cash back with that CC, so I can use the little extra cash back for more ammo :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome to the community, Abner!
Please keep us posted - would like to know if this is just a fluke, or we are seeing WF or Visa acting against law-abiding consumers.

5 Likes

Yes use cash, not credit cards or your debit cards at gun stores.

2 Likes

Are police still doing that thing where they confiscate large amounts of cash because they assume it’s going to be used for criminal activity? Or have the courts put an end to that?

3 Likes

True that. American Express suddenly reduced my credit limit because I didn’t pay a big enough percentage of my balance, even though I make more than minimum payments each month. So once the AMEX cards are paid off, they are going in a drawer. On the other hand, Discover keeps increasing my limit, allows me to pay my balance using points I accrued from previous purchases, and eliminated this month’s payment because I live in an area affected by Hurricane Ian. I think I will be doing business with Discover a lot more in the future.

2 Likes

Credit card companies (and all other credit-granting companies) make money from interest paid on the credit (or loans). When you pay in full each month, that works well for the “Credit Utilization” factor (more than 30% credit utilization will drop your score), but your score will drop because the credit grantor is not making money on interest from you. When I sold my house and the loan was paid in full, my credit score plummeted because the balance went to $0 and they were no longer making hundreds of dollars per month on interest from my mortgage loan.

This is not conjecture; go to CreditKarma and learn how credit grantors determine your score (which changes constantly depending on your usage patterns).

2 Likes

I understand the process. Unfortunate that it favors lending institutions and not the people paying the bills.

5 Likes

A lot call them the awoke people,but I call them THE BRAIN WASHED MODERN SCHOOL MOD SQUAD which is what the modern generation are in effect!

1 Like

The reason the credit score drops after paying off a loan is due to you no longer utilizing that credit, one less credit account and a much lower total credit limit. Also, typical for when a mortgage is paid in full, the average age of credit accounts and the oldest credit account will be reduced.

My credit score also went down after paying off my mortgage, but in about 6 months or less it went back up. Not having a large credit limit along with a low utilization ratio affects it, too. As I am not looking to get any loans or new credit accounts, it doesn’t matter to me what my score is.

From Experian (CreditKarma lists the same factors):
Top 5 Credit Score Factors - While the exact criteria used by each scoring model varies, here are the most common factors that affect your credit scores.

Payment history - Payment history accounts for 35% of your FICO® Score☉ , the credit score used by 90% of top lenders.

Amounts owed - represented by your credit utilization ratio - the total revolving credit you are currently using by the total of all your revolving credit limits. Credit utilization accounts for 30% of your FICO® Score.

Credit History Length - includes the age of your oldest credit account, the age of your newest credit account and the average age of all your accounts. Accounts for up 15% of your FICO® Score.

Credit Mix - top credit scores often carry a diverse portfolio of credit accounts, which might include a car loan, credit card, student loan, mortgage or other credit products. Credit scoring models consider the types of accounts and how many of each you have as an indication of how well you manage a wide range of credit products. Credit mix accounts for 10% of your FICO® Score.

New Credit - The number of credit accounts you’ve recently opened, as well as the number of hard inquiries lenders make when you apply for credit, accounts for 10% of your FICO® Score.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Exclusive-Discover to enable tracking of purchases at gun retailers from April (msn.com)

1 Like

I’ve succumbed to the gift card and cash only way of life. Large sums of cash aren’t as dangerous as they used to be.
Today too many satan worshippers are chipped in one way or another.

3 Likes

The U.S. Post Office can of course see from whom we receive mail from, can photo scan it, and even offers a free service to all the public that they email to us a photo of each letter one day before it arrives in the mail. I have asked some organizations to either stop the snail junk mail, or mask it to a plain non advertised version.

I prefer more privacy, but do value tracing where firearms came from if used in a crime.

This report claims that Discover Card plans to capture firearm sales data.

“Discover handled 2% of the $9.56 trillion purchased on U.S. credit and debit cards in 2022, according to industry researcher Nilson Report. Industry leader Visa had a 61% share, Mastercard 26% and American Express 11%.”:

As @Ouade5 pointed out civil asset forfeiture is unfortunately still alive and well in most states. If LEOs find you carrying cash they can accuse you of carrying it for illicit purposes and take it from you to fund some nice new equipment for their department. This blatant theft should have been overturned as unconstitutional decades ago but guess there are too many bigwigs profiting from this system.

I also wonder just how safe gift cards are. Your name may not be attached to the card but the card will still register what was purchased with it. If your purchase was online the retailer will have your shipping information attached to that gift card number payment method. Many retailers cave when government agencies ask for purchasing records as part of an investigation.

5 Likes

I think we have to face the facts, we are powerless! I really don’t see my neighbors standing shoulder to shoulder with me in the fight!

At least when I served this free country, I could alway count on the guy to my left and to my right!

8 Likes

Thanks for your service.
As long as we have the power to reason and make our own decisions, we are limited but not powerless. We don’t want anyone to have too much power. That scare me more than having limited power. Power needs to be kept equal.

2 Likes

I’m sure I’m looking at it wrong but I’m not really seeing the issue. They already know you are buying the gun. Had to pass a background check to make the purchase.

2 Likes