Credit Cards are Now Coded

Get a Visa/MC gift card and use that for your ammo purchases. So far as I am able to determine the gift card is not connected to your name (especially if you get it at the bank and pay cash for it).

5 Likes

Roger that Larry. Great idea and I will do just that. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Gee Whiz: I wonder how much credit($$) is outstanding on credit cards? a guess- 10,000,000,000,000 squared.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the only way to hurt card companies is through our politicians, or pay off the cards in full. How many people are in a position to do the latter. Going to buy cash from now on, even if i shoot at the range. Hate the feeling of someone looking over my shoulder all the time.

2 Likes

For the last few years, I have been fortunate enough to pay off all CCs in full each month. Each month my credit score drops 3 to 7 points. This system is FUBAR.

2 Likes

The Amish use cash around these parts. I doubt any of them pay taxes either.

1 Like

This is a great idea, but I wonder if the gift card may decline certain type of purchases.

Would not think so…they look more or less like an ordinary credit card.

2 Likes

Watch “BREAKING! SENATE Repubs threaten “Congressional Action” against Credit Card companies over Gun Code!” on YouTube

We win a few battles against the Left or the Democrats
but we must keep standing up for all our Rights,
until the Battle is won for us. I am very pleased that everyone is communicating, please contact your states
Representatives and let them know your opinions
and about your Rights. “All our Rights are worth fighting for.” Thank you!

3 Likes

It might be time for congress to act specifically in defense of the 2A. Similar to the “Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act”. You might have to have a Banking/Credit subsection that protects citizens from banks.

Gun control activists are going to continue to attempt to privatize tyranny. Banking institutions are an easy target for this. It is your money, but it is “funneled” through your bank/credit institution. If they can have the bank/credit institution infringe, “it is not the government doing it”.

It might be necessary to start looking at this very carefully. When VISA/Mastercard, etc. collude to provide a defacto registry then it might require intervention from the government to curtail the practice. Texas did something to stomp the idea from the banks that wanted to infringe, by cutting them out of lucrative contracts in the state. A similar thing might be necessary for this. Bank wants to infringe, they get restricted from X, Y, or Z access.

5 Likes

Talk about a “loophole”! Can you spell EXPLOITATION❓
Beat them at their own game!

There is a reason Uncle Joe and the commicrats have decided they “need” another 87,000 Armed “Treasury agents”. If you think it’s about income taxes you are Not paying attention…. Read the other days that there are now more armed “federal police” than there are U.S. Marines-an internal army if you will. Not a good sign for the future of our country or our democracy. I fear for my grandchildren and the nation they will be living in…

2 Likes

Watch “EPIC! 24 States tell CC companies to “abandon” new Gun purchase Codes… or ELSE…” on YouTube

Here is some positive information. Everyone have
Done very well for taking a stand against the
Coding of our credit cards. There is more fighting
against this Fraudulent and Illegal move.

3 Likes

I read the letter and must say, the consequences part is worded weakly and non-specific. My prediction - Visa/MC/AmEx wont budge.

2 Likes

Now that is specific and credible

6 Likes

I never have an outstanding balance. I always pay in full every month. Why else use a credit card? Their interest rates are practically usury. Just as pre-credit cards, if one could not afford it, one did not buy it.

2 Likes

That is not due to paying in full every month. It typically occurs when you have large balances to total credit limit. Balance being use of credit, such as charging $5,000 and having total credit limit of $10,000. At the close of the billing cycle it will show credit usage of $5,000, whether or not you pay that in full when billed. Your credit score would then reflect a 50% credit usage, and for credit scores that is high.

That also occurs when you first take a loan for a car, house, etc. However, that part of the credit score is based on your total credit used to your total credit limit on all open credit accounts.

1 Like

I understand how it works. I just think the use of the score for institutions to approve loans - even small ones - is ludicrous.

Your social credit score is negative million

So many of them announced they won’t (with race-based exceptions).

1 Like

Worth mentioning this on cards if you pay them off in full each month, mine is due on the 18th. The card company reports balances on the 25th of the month, so my credit score is penalized by the balance posted on the 25th. As a result my wife and I have to alter our spending habits.