Gun Control Group Asks Credit Card Companies to Flag Gun Purchases

Giffords’ group once again looking to single out and defund lawful commercial activity, this time they want to interfere with private citizens.

5 Likes

Either A. Pull out cash. Or B. Get a prepaid debit card.

Problem solved.

6 Likes

My last couple of gun purchases were cash. It takes a while to collect that many bills, but it makes everything go much smoother. I almost always use cards to buy ammo, though.

That said, why do anti-2A people hate the poor so much? Their policies always place undue pressure on those with lower incomes, who are likely the people that live in high crime neighborhoods and need protection the most. So if a poor grandma suddenly needs a 20 gauge to defend her home, but doesn’t have a bunch of cash lying around, GunsDownAmerica would rather see grandma live in an unsecured home.

And good on Visa for telling them where to stick this dumb idea. They realize what a horrible position this would put them in, to tell their customers what they can and can’t do with their own money.

10 Likes

Guns
Automobiles with gas engines (hello, California!)

What’s next?

8 Likes

Fatty foods, charcoal, donations to unpopular religious or political groups, etc. It would never end.

9 Likes

Not so fast. Any type of card goes through the same processor, and is subject to flagging, reporting, blocking rules if they chose to have them.

Cash is in Treasury dept’s sights as a “feat money”, scheduled for extinction. How this will go, the time frame is a guess, but experts predict it to begin in the next few years.

What remains is crypto. Not everything is good there either.

What really needs to happen is a push for privacy rights, so gun grabber orgs dont even dare to think they can weasel their way into financial networks or influence law enforcement.

6 Likes

I think most anti 2A people don’t know why that are anti 2A. It is an emotional reaction to trauma. All we can do is our best to portray our intent to protect the ones around us. It can only be fought effectively with love and understanding. Not politics. My 2¢.
That is not to say there aren’t people in society that are enraged in violence and they need to be fought with violence. I have a theory to prevent that but I’ll save that for another day.

2 Likes

They’re Anti 2A because their television told them to be.

They’re called Sheep for a reason.

-G

11 Likes

FWIW, the younger generation doesn’t really watch TV; not like their grandparents do, anyway. They actually get quite annoyed with “live” TV, with its restrictive schedules and boring advertisements. They also get quite annoyed with old folks like us who still watch TV.

The little lambs are more likely anti-2A because some social media company filters their news feed.

11 Likes

I buy almost all of my guns online and have them shipped to my FFL. Many people do this, especially those who are not-older.

And of course, we shouldn’t have to go out and pay cash for a prepaid debit card because a firearm or related is what we are looking to buy.

BEST case, this is another pain in the butt hoop/hurdle on top of a seemingly endless supply of other hoops to jump through that WOULD absolutely reduce the number of firearms purchased by good people.

Not everybody is as gun-ho about it as regulars here, plenty of people just say aw screw it it’s not worth it when you put barriers up.

5 Likes

I used @Gonzo’s use of television as a metaphor…think that’s the word :thinking:. Media, social programming, hip young pols in jeans and beto talking the jive lingo the kiddos are jiggy with, ya’ dig? :laughing:
As I’ve previously mentioned, when you hear the same buzzwords and phrases over and over, you realize you’re dealing with brainwashed sheep. Former Mooney (Rev. Sun Yung) camp inhabitant decades ago, saw their methods, see no difference in today’s sheep, simply different subject matter.

4 Likes

My past 2 gun purchases has been cash only. I decided when I’m buying firearms that it’s none of my bank institutions business. I was just saying get something thats not in your name and can’t be tied to you, and use that when it comes to firearm purchases.

2 Likes

A “wokeness credit score”, and its already here for employment on colleges as professors or adjunct. Must be a kind of certified to have guzzled to wokeness Kool-aid.

4 Likes

I would love you hear your stories, some day. I’ve heard so many contradictory things about Yung.

Next liberals will be pushing grandma off a cliff in her wheelchair

2 Likes

Exactly, and it can be generalized to any sort of merchandise or services. Ideally, bank industry should declare this as their principle - “none of our business, what you buy”, but they gone woke. So, we need to raise every kind of privacy wall around us, and watch for the new attempts to breach our privacy.

3 Likes

We should start with our votes. The feds shouldn’t have their noses in our bank accounts, but they insist on more and more data from the banks.

3 Likes

I was pm’ing you the story, but hey, it makes good reading and my typing finger requests more return on investment than one man can give, so thought I’d share…
Back in my youth, living in SF, homeless. Met a girl on a park bench, asked if I’d like to have dinner at her place…heck ya, and asked if my buddy could come as well, guy I went west with. She says sure, gives me the address, forgot the exact address but it’s a freaking mansion on Nob hill…woot. I knock at the door, a different girl answers (woot #2) and in we go. Bunch of folks my age…I’m thinking yuppie commune. We all eat, then they showed slides of their farm in Booneville and ask if we want to go up for the weekend. I’m in, but it’s $20 which I don’t have. I ended up working overnight cleaning a restaurant with a small group to earn the trip. Bus to Booneville (110 miles north of frisco), and I become a “faithful farmer”…we had 2 meetings a day, 3 topics total, so same topics over and over…“god is great god is good we are god so we are great and good”…and repeat…All us newbies get assigned a mentor, 1 on 1, I rarely see my friend but remember Kevin, my mentor. Seems everyone out there was running from something back home, and frisco is the basket that catches everyone, so easy pickings for the cult. Anyways, I’m doing farm labor, getting room and board, no radio, no tv, no sex, no drugs despite all these girls and young guys, and the crops are ridiculous, like they don’t know what they’re doing. We’d “meditate” daily, going for a walk around the property, not allowed to talk to anyone. Come back to the main room, get picked to talk about our experience. Always the same “oh, I looked at nature, god is great god is good, we are great, we are good…” I was supposed to meet a guy back at the St. Francis Yacht Club, I was going to crew on a 39’ sailboat headed to Chile, but was going to miss our meeting due to being at the farm. My other mentor, Jewish girl, let’s me know there’s no bus back to Frisco…the weekend had turned into a few weeks, and I’m getting suspicious. One day I go into a bathroom, find a notebook, has everybodys name and length of time at the farm…up to a point, where it seems they knew the brainwashing was complete and you were theirs. Now I’m like “eff this” so get a bit nasty in my acerbic way. Entertainment time, we entertain ourselves…I sing “friend of the devil” and NO ONE CLAPS lol…my buddy got ahold of me one day, says there’s salt peter in the food (ah ha, explains a lot), folks are lined up at the outhouse overnight (I’ve got a cast iron stomach)…we plan on our exit, met a guy Al from NJ, looked like Ted Nugent, wild guy, didn’t fit in, had a pretty drugged out friend, didn’t fit in…so we made plans to get up overnight and get the heck out of there. Forgot, when I told the female leader I had a sailboat to catch, she said “we have boats” and I could be a “faithful fisherman.” SF fishing fleet, turns out “Gortons of Glouscester” was a mooney company. Remember address now, 39 Bush St. pretty sure I got that right.
We got up, took off, found barb wire perimeter, got through and hitch hiked back to frisco, realized how isolated we had been, and saw a 60 minutes blurb on the mooneys in a TV store, and BLAM, holy cow, that was us…a week or so later I’m walking down the street, see a few of the “indoctrinated” (you could tell by the eyes, drugged and brainwashed) coming towards me, and I’m freaking out…but they walked right by, didn’t even notice, like zombies. Time frame, late '78 or early-mid '79.

5 Likes

Wow. Thanks for sharing.
And congratulations on surviving the 70’s. Sounds like you’ve come a long way.

5 Likes

This should be an invasion of ones personal information.

3 Likes