New Bill Would Get Financial Institutions Involved in Gun Control

2 Likes

That’s not a violation of my privacy! So I go to Kroger (concealed weapon because open carry is frowned upon) and I but a prepaid card that is not associated to me in any way and I go to the gun store. Oh, but wait, I still have to go through NICS.

Nothing except disarmament will ever be good enough. Chipping away 1 piece at a time.

4 Likes

Time to start using cash. In all honesty though, I’m a part of a large number of social media groups and there’s a lot more than just murmurs of people being absolutely fed up with this kind of crap. Even casual shooters where I work are starting to stock up on ammunition, people are getting together and learning how to reload ammo.

2 Likes

I doubt the gun stores would mind. :grinning:

1 Like

… financial institutions should reject or report gun purchases made on credit cards if they deem those purchases excessive,

So … WHO would be reviewing my gun purchases? Which means the BANK or MASTERCARD would be reviewing not just the dollar amount but also the details of WHAT I purchased at, oh, say Bass Pro?

… she spent $1400 !!! Flag that transaction! What was it for? Camping gear? Tent, pack, sleeping bag… she could be a prepper :grimacing: … fixed blade knife… gun, holster and 1000 rounds of ammo !!! :scream: better report that!!! :astonished: !!!

:angry::rage:

… because some mass shootings have been committed with guns bought on credit.

So that makes all credit card using gun-purchasers potential mass shooters?

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::exploding_head::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Duh! Of course it does. The logic is train is irrefutable:

1. Person purchases firearm using credit card.
  2. Purchaser uses gun to commit mass shooting.
  3. Persons using credit cards to purchase firearms are mass shooters.

That’s the same logic as this:

1. When I’m hungry, there’s nothing better than a cheeseburger.
  2. I’m hungry. I have nothing.
    3 That’s better than a cheeseburger.

See? Perfect logic.

1 Like

A couple years back when several orgs were getting some distance from the NRA, the Bank FNBO which sponsored the NRA card stated that they would be ending their partnership. I sent an email (which never received a response), that I would be ending my account with them as soon they ended their partnership with the NRA. I kept the account open for a year at zero balance, and they did not end the partnership (my credit card continued to be an NRA card).

Now anytime I make an ammo or gun or accessory purchase, I use that card…hoping they see the vendors I’m using and they amount I’m spending…I’m still paying the card off each month though in case they decide to “get woke.”

It’s getting crazy out there (legislatively speaking).

2 Likes

I’ve been testing that theory, so far Capital one MC and Visa, along with Chase Visa Freedom and Sapphire fly through swimmingly. This last time I bought a pistol and a shotgun in September.

So I’m pushing the envelope in 2 weeks and going for broke by getting a pistol, bolt action rifle, 2 lowers, and a laundry list of parts and accessories, and if there’s an amazing deal I may add that to the list.

1 Like

@KenM … nice shopping list!

2 Likes

The Gun Store I use gives a discount for Cash purchases, so no change for me.

1 Like

just another way to make the data base. pay cash at times will get a fair discount for using cash

1 Like