Coverage for my wife

While I have a Carry Permit in Connecticut, my wife does not. Should someone try and break in and present physical harm to her and she responds with one of my weapons, is she covered by my USCCA policy for legal expenses and whatever else is involved?

Thank you, Bill

6 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

@Bill94 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you and your wife here. :slightly_smiling_face:
The short answer is, yes. Call 800-674-9779 and talk to a Rep. You can also add your wife to your membership for a small fee. USCCA is always open and can answer all your questions. :+1:

5 Likes

@Bill94 Welcome to the community.:us: :us: :us:
To add too what @BRUCE26 was saying, if you and/or your wife are/or were a first responder, veteran, law enforcement etc… you will get a discount on one or both of your memberships, the USCCA advertise that.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Bill94

3 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome dear Bill94.

I don’t know, However, more certainty, peace of mind, and possible discounts involved if she signs up for the insurance. If she can legally posses a firearm in the home, that may also help her legally.

2 Likes

Only if it’s in the house. That’s about it. She has to be a member for USCCA to cover her outside.

1 Like

Thank you all for such quick and informative responses. I will do as some mentioned and see if I have to add her in any way to be sure. One of those things we hope we never need, but have to have. It would only be in the house as she has permanent nerve damage from chemo.

Bill

3 Likes

Welcome to the family Brother and Sister !
and blessings on your fine wife’s condition.

2 Likes

Short answer: Yes.

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

As a USCCA member, your legal spouse (per laws of your state of residence) (and other family members related by blood) is, while at your residence premises, also an additional insured on the self defense liability insurance policy the USCCA purchased. Coverage is triggered by any lawful act of self defense not otherwise excluded.

You could also get her her own spouse level membership, ‘under’ your primary membership, at a 50% discount from the full price. She would then, in addition to having her own email login/access to the online training and education, be an additional insured throughout the coverage territory of ‘the United States’ rather than only at your residence premises.

4 Likes

And covered acts of SD are not limited to firearms use. Any lawful act of SD with any weapon you are lawfully allowed to have/use at a federal level is a covered incident.

4 Likes