USCCA insurance for husband

I am new to USCCA. I purchased to insurance for myself in case I ever have to use my gun for self defense, it seemed a good idea to have a legal backup in place. My husband does not carry a gun but is prepared to defend our home if needed. My question is, should I add him to my policy? Does USCCA cover non-concealed permit holders? We live in California and you all have heard to stories about gun policies here.

3 Likes

I would add the coverage for your husband. USCCA coverage is more comprehensive than you think.

4 Likes

For the price, and it covers any LEGAL self defense weapon. I would.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome. If your husband would pick up a gun at home to defend the family, he should consider becoming a member.

Respectfully, this is not insurance. It is a way to help provide legal defenses if you do nothing wrong and have to defend. It is not a policy contract per se like insurance is. It does not indemnify you for a loss after an accident, as an example.

Thank you for your excellent question. Welcome to our Community.

2 Likes

Welcome to the USCCA family, @Jean7!

If your husband defends himself in the home your USCCA membership legal protection will be able to assist him. If he defends himself outside of the home with any legal weapon (it doesn’t have to be a firearm), he would want his own membership. We do offer spouse memberships (check your dashboard on USCCA.com or give us a call at 877-677-1919) and we can help you get him squared away.

And nope, you don’t have to have a concealed carry permit to be a USCCA member. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely! I added my wife. She does carry a knife. I’m working on getting her comfortable with carrying a gun. That said, a car can be a defensive weapon.

2 Likes

Like Dawn said, USCCA membership includes family in the home automatically. Not sure if that includes curtilage (which is part of what constitutes ‘castle doctrine’ and part of your home). While an occupied vehicle also has the privilege of ‘castle doctrine’ - aka, no duty to retreat; I don’t think that’d be covered by USCCA legal protection. Out in public - no USCCA legal protection. So yes, sign that man up! When I signed up I was only adding myself…and I immidiately (like 5 seconds later) realized that because my wife carries outside the house, she needed to be included. How would it be if she had to use and I didn’t, and now she’s on the hook for several hundred thousand in a wrongful death suit or a murder 3 charged by the state. Get AS MUCH protection as you can.

1 Like

Welcome to the family and god bless you and yes add your husband to the policy.

1 Like

After the first year, I added my wife. It makes sense and it’s worth it.

2 Likes