Membership and daughter

I have had this lingering question and hopefully someone can answer it. Does USCCA membership cover one’s children or are they responsible for getting their own membership? I am divorced but have a daughter who is over 18. I would like her to be protected from any legal ramifications, God forbid, should she ever have to use a firearm to defend herself when she is home alone.

3 Likes

@Jorge

I’m not positive on this but this was my understanding when I asked. If your daughter was a minor and lived with you and had to defend herself, in your home she would be covered by your policy. As an adult I think she has to have her own policy, but she may not since she lives with you. Try calling member services.

Or @Dawn.

2 Likes

Awesome response, @Zavier_D! Very close to what is written in our membership agreement:

If your daughter lives with you and is under the age of 21 and defends herself in the home, she would be covered under your membership. If she is over 21 or has a self-defense incident outside of the home, she will need her own membership. She could always start with a Gold membership if she doesn’t carry, @Jorge, or if finances are limited. She’ll have a safety net just in case the worst happens.

3 Likes

@Dawn and @Zavier_D Thank you for the information. She’s still under 21 at least until December but probably it’s best if she gets her own membership. :wink::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I smell a great Christmas present idea, @Jorge:slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the idea. :wink:

1 Like

@Dawn

If I was to buy someone a USCCA membership would that count as a referral.

1 Like