Corona and increased concern

You will have to read “World War Z” the definitive guide on killing Zombies.
I read the book 2x and I came away with one absolute Truth. :scream:FEAR SELLS :scream:
Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy.
P.S. Shoot strait and keep yur powder dry Pilgrim.

5 Likes

They just shutdown the public school system in this county. I too think that mass hysteria is possibly more troublesome than the virus. The government’s response is concerning but predictable. My wife & I are watching “OUTBREAK” now. Some interesting things can be gleaned from this film folks.

Be Safe, Keep the Faith, & Persevere :muscle:t5::v:t5:

3 Likes

And now restaurants and bars in Illinois, other than curbside and drive up.

5 Likes

So, AMC movies is only allowing half the people that a theatre will hold so we can have distance from each other. Then they sell one half the theatre right on top of one another.

By the way opening weekend numbers might be bad, but both “the Hunt”, and “Bloodshot” really were good movies. Bloodshot had some amazing visual effects.

2 Likes

Can certainly feel a bit of tension when shopping. TP was wipped out of the stores on Friday, Saturday morning I stopped by to pick up stuff for dinner Sat night, and they had pallets of water by the doors, and pallets of TP up front with people stocking the shelves.

I don’t think it will take much shortages of basic necessities to get tensions higher. Hopefully it won’t get to that!

I may reconsider my carry gear depending on what is going on. I have not checked in person, but Academy is still showing ammo in stock.

After the last ammo shortage, I have been keeping enough ammo for the zombies…

I DO NOT think the media is helping with this situation.

9 Likes

Amen!!! I agree!

5 Likes

They shut down public schools in my parish until April 13th!

2 Likes

Alabama is basically closed.

3 Likes

Ohio bars and restaurants are closed to dine-in customers. It’s carry-out. It’s scary out.
:grimacing: :thinking:

2 Likes

All Iowa schools are closed for 4 weeks. Insanity rules the day.

(Correction, bad info from a coworker. Governor has recommended all schools close,but it is left to each district.)

2 Likes

We live in a world of insanity… What can you say?!

4 Likes

Guys… do I see a PANIC here? Or not yet? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I think it’s starting to become real. 2 days ago the CDC said don’t gather more than 250, now it’s 50, economy’s bad, some of us aren’t going to work right now, schools out and parents will have to find a way (or fail to) properly take care of their kids while at work. Restaurants and businesses are closing. People are buying weapons and ammo suddenly…

Not saying we should panic, but I’ve been uncomfortable the past few days. I’m concerned about carona for my family’s sake, my newborn baby specifically. And I’ll be concerned about violence as people start to not make money due to the economy. Seriously, Carona was a joke to me 3 days ago…

4 Likes

Nope, no panic here, 33 cases here in WI. none near me. Nancy and I have everything we need, just some milk, bread and eggs every couple of days.
Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m working remotely - as is all of our team. There are people still in our headquarters, but we’re trying to keep everyone as safe as possible.

If you need anything from me, I can help! You can always PM me or tag me publicly (@dawn).

The healthcare professionals I know are taking this seriously. I defer to their knowledge on these types of situations. They’re professionals in medicine, I’m not. I’ll defer to their expertise.

6 Likes

I was informed this morning that our entire department is going to be sent home to work. I hate that. I’m just not as productive.

5 Likes

Unfortunately in IL we experienced 50% growth of confirmed cases this weekend. There is 93 for now.
1 case close to my location (above 10 miles), so somehow I feel safe… however I’m avoiding any contacts if I can… I treat myself and my family as “red zone” - wife and one son work for Chicago’s Hospital, other son works in Chicago downtown… not good for us… but so far no Covid-19 symptoms. (hopefully).
Stay safe, wash hands… and don’t drink bleach - it doesn’t work :wink:

6 Likes

The economy can grow back, and I bet you noone will die from hunger. What I don’t want to see is images of elderly and vulnerable, filling hospital hallways, doctors unable to help and resorting to triage… The more quarantine and isolation we can do, the less of that we will see. We are blessed that these measures work, and this is how countries fought epidemics through centuries, and success of Singapore and some other places are a testament these measures do work.

4 Likes

Remember, we are still few days behind the Italy… hopefully shutting down all gathering options will gonna safe hundreds in US. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I think y’all are right. These measures are actually to prevent the really awful stuff. Hopefully it stays boring!

4 Likes