Corona and increased concern

This really shows that short term thinking and cockiness in this country is a problem as much as a novel virus is. Most of these things should be common courteousy to begin with. I mean, I have D-lead soap just to keep my hand washed after every time I touch my gun and it seems like most Americans are finally figuring out what I learned at a young age.

Long term thinking and stocking up on supplies prior to crisis isn’t paranoia, it’s smart. Anything could happen anytime, anywhere. The same logic that applies to ammo and guns, should apply to other supplies as well.

4 Likes

I have to admit the “edginess” is up in the population. That said this whole “social distance” thing is working as people seem more “polite” as in they will let you by to create space. Went into Kroger and there was no TP, no SPAM, damn few chef Boy R Dee anything and fresh meat was scarce. Milk and eggs are OK, gas is under $2.00/gal. There are more than a few masks out there, restaurants don’t have condiments on the tables. I’ve never seen A1 sauce in an individual serving ketchup pouch until today. The wife and I were out and about today looking at plants to re-do the front yard and stopped off at a local Chili’s for bar food and drinks. The waiter lamented about the changes and new rules.

Saw some folks in parking lot’s that had the hair on my neck up. One was idling around the exit to Costco and kept looking into the parking lot at running mini-van with two dudes in the front. I had a total tactical failure of the shoelaces on my cowboy boots right in front of the security wanna be as I was bringing back my cart. As I bent down to tie my “boot” I pointed out the guy and the mini van and that he might want to call the cops to put a patrol car in the parking lot. I’ve seen the color leave a black man’s face before and this time didn’t disappoint.

Code Orange, keep your head on a swivel folks.

Give it a week and the numbers will start to rise, add in Bernie dropping out and proclaiming a rigged system (which it is) and you are looking at a pretty good storm brewing. The Bernie Bro’s, regular street urchins, Anftifa and the pot stirrer’s. That is a possible projection for reasonable people to think about not a Pandemic cry for more panic. Prepare for the worst hope for the best and pray to which ever God you hold dear that it doesn’t come down to that.

Cheers,

Craig6

10 Likes

As seen on FB :sunglasses:

Wow! Illinois is taking the coronavirus seriously. I hear that new testing methods are being done without even leaving your house! No hospital or office visit necessary! All you have to do is mail a sample of your stool to:

JB Pritzker
Office of the Governor
207 State House
Springfield, IL 62706

I hope this is true. Can anyone confirm?

11 Likes

That’s interesting. I don’t know why, but the big box store I buy carry ammo always has 9mm, but quality 40 and 45 is almost always gone. It may be they order more 9mm, idk. I’d imagine 9mm would dry up first though.

1 Like

I trust Facebook. I’m sure their governor wishes the best. I wonder if they would run a test for someone out of state :thinking:.

2 Likes

@Scoutbob

Nope, not just you. Mob mentality is the worst.

8 Likes

This one is ready for testing… Looks he lost his fight for toilet paper in the store :wink:

5 Likes

It is all gone, they wiped of 5 years of paper products in a matter of 24 hours. The
ammo here is gone very high in cost too.

1 Like

Indeed! I stocked up on some Alabama shirts :joy: :rofl:

No, but all seriousness, I went to ‘Brookshires’ here in Shreveport…they were racked with TP so I baught the biggest pack possible :joy: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

I did some reading, toilet paper manufacturing is amped up to meet the demand. Might be short for a bit in some places, but we should see more on the shelves soon. Hopefully that’s the same with ammo I guess…

I decided to order a small batch online yesterday (I’m a little concern on when they’ll get more, and I don’t carry a lot of spare carry ammo to begin with, so I figured it was a good thing) and 9mm was still in the physical store, but it was not available for delivery. So I ordered some .45. I have a .40, 9mm, and a 45, I remember now why I thought it was a good idea :joy:, I will always be able to get my hands on some ammo.

4 Likes

I don’t know what to think about the whole situation. There is a lot of venues closed, close to Idaho, such as the Jackson Hole hill climbs, that was shocking. The USCCA expo was also cancelled. So if there is many activities cancelled, such as for Jackson, WY, small town, that closure really hurts their economy. Other closures will hurt other cities as well. People off work temporarily, etc. I do think “when the dust settles” and with spring coming, things will boom and recover. At what speed is the question.

Interesting point, however, we have had more interest in people desiring firearms training over the last week or two. We had a call from a target/body armor supplier, that we resell some of their products, and was told that due to high demand for those products, the lead time for shipping is about 2 weeks. They said the demand was higher than normal. I spoke with my small local steel supplier/fabricator, and he said he has hired 15 more people to keep up with his demand. Our small company, day job, is also busy.

We live small populated area, we haven’t seen any hysteria, just a lot of talk. Business seems to be as usual. One of our large grocery stores is closing at night for massive restocking. However we pray for folks that live in more populated areas that have to deal with hysteria, etc, food shortages, etc.

Since there has been some posts above regarding ammo, we are going to check out the local “pulse” of ammo supply locally and gun sales. Idaho, I think, is no. 4 for per capita of gun ownership.

Stay in code yellow. Practice, safely, some dry fire, or if one hasn’t been to the range for live fire, practice some live fire. Think about home protection. Maybe that will keep our minds off of hysteria or whatever.

5 Likes

Please stay positive and not listen to the hysteria and lies. Please do not weaken to the concerns
and surroundings of fear, doubt, and worry. Our mind goes out in defending its selve and we search for
answers for problems we have, worry through shortages and major problems, and we will, at a space of
time and face loss in friends and families. Always remember how far we have come from and we are not giving up.

The last, the Violence that we hear of and we can be apart of, get clear of it and far from it, no matter
the other people negative responds.

5 Likes

@SKIdaho, looks you are one the lucky people who can do something for local community these days.
People are looking for more training? Good for you! Definitely it will keep everyone busy and safe (with proper procedures).

My indoor range is closed, so staying home I’ve got a great time with LASR App :muscle:

My biggest concern now is that people are not mentally prepared for situation like Covad-19 pandemic… This is not “The Purge” movie.

6 Likes

William…yes I agree and my family agrees…stay positive,…“remember how far we have come”…yes. I am not sure of the stats of how many people each day die in car accidents, (I saw a stat of 101 per day, don’t know for sure) or how many perish from gun fights each day. How many perish per day from disease?

“we are not giving up”

5 Likes

I’m not so sure, This Carona Virus may be the start of Zombies :zombie:‍♂ :woman_zombie: . Stay safe and ready everyone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Laser fire…muscle memory…point and shoot…become one with firearm! Good for you!!! We have a couple of .177 pellet pistols to fire indoors in bad weather. Training and staying positive will keep our minds busy!

4 Likes

@SKIdaho
Thx for remainder. I’ve forgotten about my BB handgun. I can still shoot it in my basement :muscle:

3 Likes

@Scoutbob… do I need hollow point for Zombies? I cannot find information about Zombie’s torso penetration on any manufacturer’s website. :thinking: :grimacing: :scream:
Will straight head-shot be justified? OMG… so many questions… I’m not prepared for it :weary: :tired_face:

4 Likes

There is only one way to find out if they will test out of state people… beat the rush mail your sample today! :rofl:

4 Likes

Movies, TV, and Videoges have taught me lasers and explosives are the best weapons against zombies… does that help :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes