Corona teens

So I read a news article the other day that said teens are being little jerk offs, going into stores, and intentionally coughing on produce and other products. In that situation if one of y’all were to see anyone doing it, with the current pandemic and other health concerns, what would you do and why?

• Not confront the person but talk to a manager
  • Confront the person verbally
  • Call the police and describe the person

0 voters

While uncouth, there is no evidence it is transmitted by food, so non-confrontational and telling the manager would be adequate.

4 Likes

Since it can persist on surfaces for 3 days or more, it’s a potential transmission risk. That’s probably assault of some sort, or at least reckless endangerment. Besides, its gross and could spread lots of other things as well. Any delinquent acting that way probably would benefit from a bit of a scare with the law involved, even if they aren’t charged.

11 Likes

I’ve chosen “confront” and “call 911”… But confrontation has to be done with caution.
We know 4 firearm safety rule, now we have 5 coronavirus safety rules.

I’ll go further and will vote for criminal charges for such people .
Poland is doing great job - up to $10,000 penalty if you don’t obey “stay-home-order”.

2 Likes

I would confront in a way that wasn’t overly aggressive. Something like, “hey, what are you doing”.

First if all that is absolutely disgusting, global pandemic or not.

Second, if someone is doing something that could get me or a loved one sick…or kill us…I’m saying something.

3 Likes

How about film them and upload to social media? Let them be recognised properly by the public they are hoping to sicken, not just among other idiot kids. Maybe their school will notice, maybe potential employer will.

11 Likes

@Alexander8, that’s great idea.
No better punishment for the teens. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I consider that an “assault” cough or an “automatic” sneeze, I think the capacity to fire off a cough or sneeze should be reduced by removing 1 lung. They don’t “need” to have 2 lungs, why that’s absurd!

3 Likes

I agreee! I would immediately pull the phone out and videotape/ take pictures. Then I’m calling 911,!-AND posting it on social media.

5 Likes

These teens think they are invincible. In fact, with so much tension around groceries these days, they should be afraid to find themselves in the focus of an aggressive mob. Idiots.

5 Likes

If Wal-Mart is banning people for life for open carry, they should do the same for idiots (of any age) who do something like that.

3 Likes

I would go absolutely SSG on them, and call the police.

1 Like

Public shaming, video them clearly, upload to social media, call the police, and tell them good luck ever getting a real job, your screwed for life.

(They may not be screwed for life but hopefully that will get them to rethink their actions, plus if it goes viral and they get identified, it’s going to be a bad day and hopefully they are made example of)

2 Likes

I think it is a criminal charge cause look at people who spit on police and healthcare workers. That’s spreads bacteria and is done intentionally. The coughing/sneezing on food is intentional and spreads bacteria. I see no difference honestly. Accidentally is one thing and can be dealt with a simple comment of “hey cover your face” but the news story I read said that some teens were doing it intentionally. I have to look for the article again.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Would only add to make a scene.

2 Likes

Peer pressure can be a good thing.

2 Likes

If I saw such behavior, I’d be thinking that any kid who’s gotten the training and discipline they should’ve at home wouldn’t do such a thing, so it’s time to call the law. Hopefully, also get video on record. Don’t know if I’d be able to say nothing…

4 Likes

What law would cover something like this? Even if they don’t spread coronavirus, they could be spreading all types of other disgusting things that teensagers frequently get.

I voted call 911/manager because I’m not confronting these idiots. Odds are they will cough/sneeze at me (which IS assault) and I have a high-risk at home that I don’t want to endanger unnecessarily. Plus they always travel in packs.

How far does that teen want to go? If you confront, do they get angry back? Run away? Do you try to stop them (to hold for authorities)? Too many ways for it to go sideways for me to jump in there.

2 Likes

Man charged with aggravated battery for coughing in cop’s face

6 Likes