Concerned neighbor

That might be the same reason people wear t-shirts with firearm quotes.
I’m guessing you will react the same way seeing your neighbor wearing this everyday:

A 2022-10-03 23-28-10

4 Likes

Looking at my car, home, you would never know that I owned anything other than an Invisa Fence, that you might be being monitored by random_alarm_company_1, No Trespassing ( I have a fenced in yard and a gate in the driveway), and a Beware of Dog sign. All required by my insurance to be posted.

As far as on my person. You will know I am a Veteran. I got sick and tired of wokeness trying to make being a Veteran something bad. I am proud to be a part of that
3 percent, who have served and I will not bow, bend or break. Nor will I be made to feel as if my service was shameful.

Before the “Pandemic” I was a proponent of the “Gray Man” way of life. That changed as more and more wokeness arrived to make veterans… Less.

8 Likes

May just be a misguided newbie. Sounds like a lot of signs. Around here you see NRA stickers on a lot of cars. Don’t tread on me Tee Shirts are pretty popular and occasionally a side arm on a someone’s belt. I personally don’t take the indication or actual appearance of a firearm as offensive, I do how ever watch how people act, especially the ones that are open carrying. If the guy makes you nervous, intuition is king, keep a very close eye on him but don’t be obvious.

8 Likes

Other than being a Karen, what would you expect to accomplish if you did confront him about his gun ownership?

My advice, your neighbor’s gun ownership is his business and his responsibility, not yours. Leave him alone.

11 Likes

I knew a guy that is like you are talking about. He was a little more out there than what you have even stated. One day he was at my house with his wife, and we were just hanging out having a good time when I walked into the kitchen and found his 45 laying out on the counter. I took it and broke it down and emptied his magazine then put it all in a paper bag. He was, to say the least, pissed! I simply replied, you are lucky no one else got it and just took it! You are irresponsible and you just put me and my family in danger by laying it around like you thought this was your house. Never saw him again after that and I have no regrets of it.

14 Likes

Thank You for your service @Zavier_D and well said. I agree 100 percent.

6 Likes

Communication (not confrontation) is important in understanding ourselves and our relationship with others. No problem in approaching your neighbor and asking him about the signs. Don’t ask about his weapons unless he brings it up. Find out if he has noticed any suspicious activities in the area or if he suspects a potential problem. Keep it friendly and let him know that you would keep your eyes open also. Hopefully you will gain his trust and he will share his feelings and suspicions with you. As to wether he owns a gun or not, all guns are assumed to be loaded and all next door neighbors are assumed to be armed.

8 Likes

Far from it dude. I own 3 guns.

4 Likes

I have nothing against shirts like that. I own a couple 2A shirts myself. But I think my neighbor is awfully stupid expressing his viewpoints so adamantly outside of his front door. If he ever has to defend himself the prosecuting attorney will use it against him.

4 Likes

we had a problem with service opening the gate to the back yard with out telling us they are there so my daughter bought a sign when one went in the back yard so i went back there and lit hin up with my laser and asked whhat he was doing and he he didnt need permission to go back there,so i told him he had a choice since we didnt give him permission to be back there,and i said he had a choice and fliped the safty off and said he had a choice either leave or be carried out,he left and my daughter call the company and told them what happened and they tried to tell her that they had the right to go back there and sh said that was ok,but notify us first and that it was private property and apparently the employee told the company what happened and we now have a sign on the gate that says ( we don’t call 911,we call the coroner,so now they knock on the door and call us to let us know a repairman needs to go back there so we now know when they are in the back yard!

3 Likes

That’s interesting…
You have nothing against tshirts you are wearing… but don’t like signs at your neighbour’s yard…

Think now, about another neighbour’s thoughts when he sees you wearing that tshirt. :wink:
Perhaps he is freaked out by this as well… Maybe he thinks your behavior just came across as really bizarre and very irresponsible… Or he thinks you would be the kind of guy that would shoot and kill someone if they broke into his apartment.

Of course I exaggerated a little, but you can see that anything, even single small thing may be a problematic for others.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Never mind.

2 Likes

We have had some criminal activity in our complex. About a month or two ago a lady had a gun get pulled on her in the parking lot. :flushed: I’m just saying that putting a bunch of signs up too warn people is not something I would do. Part of being a responsible owner is being discreet. We don’t advertise. We keep quiet. That’s how I was trained anyway. I don’t brag about it. I’ll wear my 2A shirts but only when I go to the gun range. Does that make sense?

7 Likes

That I can respect. :+1:t2: That’s all I do. Thank you for your service sir.

3 Likes

I don’t advertise either. The less an assailant knows the more careless he/she will be. Be well Laker Fan (watch out for the Bulls this year). I hope neither one of us has to encounter any ill intentioned “bad guys”. That would mane me very happy.

5 Likes

That is exactly right. The less attention we draw too ourselves the better. Thanks man.

P.S. Yeah the Chicago Bulls are an up and coming NBA squad. They were decent last season. But I’d give the Los Angeles Lakers a few years. We have a young team with old veterans and Lebron is about ready to retire. I’m hoping Darvin Ham will fit in well with us as a head coach.

I’d say mind your own business, your making mountains out of ant hills.

Opinions vary. If he finds out the hard way his stupidity is on him.

2 Likes

We have some new young players also. I was around for the Michael Douglas era. That was a player, LaBran is no slouch, but, alas, we all get old. Be safe, and be well.

1 Like