Concealed Vs. Open Carry

@Bryan113 - welcome to the community.

1 Like

Thank you OldGnome i have been a member since 2013 i rarely post.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your perspective!

I don’t have an issue with people open carrying. I live in Northern AZ and it is not uncommon to see someone open carrying on a daily basis. I have never seen it cause a problem though that may be because most of the hoplophobes who are terrified by the concept of firearms are not situationally aware enough to notice that the person in front of them is wearing one.

Personally I prefer concealed because I do believe it makes me less of a target. Carrying concealed, allows me to be less concerned about being a target of criminals in search of a gun, anti gunners looking for something to freak out over, police looking out for potential active shooters, active shooters interested in eliminating potential threats first, etc.

Maybe in some situations open carry could be a deterrence. But I think bad guys would be much more concerned in an environment where they know a fairly high percentage of people are armed but they have no idea which ones are and which aren’t.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I totally get both sides of the issue I just have a problem with folks bashing and telling everyone it’s wrong to carry OWB when the fact is … it is a personal choice no different what firearm, holster, or way you carry, whether it be shoulder, iwb , owb, sob, ect. That would be like me telling everyone it’s wrong to carry a Glock…(I carry a Glock 19 G5) I’m a lefty so the Gen 5 was perfect for me. Lol

4 Likes

I’m a lefty also but have an old gen 3 19. Might upgrade to a 5 someday but the 3 just keeps on ticking.

1 Like

I agree to the owb with an over shirt. My typical carry fashion.

3 Likes

Being born and raised in Chicago, I would only open carry as a trap. It would more than likely not have one in the chamber and I would have one or two on me concealed with amor on.

Personal preference