Changed my EDC

Today I changed my EDC From my Kimber EVO to my Springfield 911. My Kimber holster wasn’t acting right, a couple of times during dry fire practice (2 or 3 out of about 200 draws) the holster would stay with the gun. The clip didn’t hold it onto my belt. That’s the first time I’ve had that happen. I contacted Muddy River Tactical about it and shipped it off to them today to get a new belt clip installed. So now I’m carrying a little different firearm. First it’s a .380 not a 9MM. Second and the main thing, it has a hammer and a thumb safety. I’ve worked with it a bit just incase I would need to use it but it’s still “Different”. Weird, the psychology of changing things.

8 Likes

That would be my biggest concern, personally. That’s why I have 2 Glock 30’s one I EDC, the other one new in it’s case, I also have 2 Glock 41’s one I EDC, the other one in it’s case.

If something happens and I need to do something with my EDC’s. I want everything to be exactly the way that I have trained, feel, size, weight, even placement.

6 Likes

Yea, I agree. My other choice is a 38Spcl. The problem there is it’s a 5 shot revolver, plenty of punch just not enough punches.

5 Likes

Good luck! Changing EDC took me almost a month before I got to the point of not noticing the change.

4 Likes

The crazy thing is, I have a similar MRT holster for my Springfield, carry it in the same place etc. but still it “feels” different, I mean not so much physically different but in my brain different.

5 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t just send you another belt clip.

2 Likes

I imagine it can be difficult making the switch between pistols and holsters. Based on attire and feeling, I switch on a regular basis including holster types…

Granted, I have currently 4 primarys, 2 of which being the same, G40, TP9SFX, TP9SFX, TP9 Elite SC, and then the others, G2C, Taurus 85, LCP2, NAA Mini Revolver (basically always in the pocket).

Likely adding some more…

3 Likes

Yea I wondered about that.

Maybe the rivet goes through the belt clip?

2 Likes

I have a Galco OWB i Ride for my 1911, a Galco Hi Ride for my P226, an Azula cross draw for my Colt .380 and a Galco cross draw for my Bulldog. I’m still looking for the perfect .44 Sp holster. I’m thinking about trading in the Bulldog for an S&W .44 Mag and using .44 Sp in that. And that’s another holster.

2 Likes