Casting Your Vote: What Gun Owners Should Know | USCCA

The 2020 election will likely go down as one of the most heated presidential elections in American history. Americans have been bombarded with the good and the bad about each candidate on social media, paid TV and YouTube ads. It can become difficult to distinguish what is fact and what is fiction. We’re here to provide some clarity when it comes to each candidate’s views on gun rights.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/casting-your-vote-what-gun-owners-should-know/
4 Likes

We voted independent in 2016. Trump has earned our support in 2020.

8 Likes

When it comes to the 2nd Amendment, I can’t support either of these fools. Trump in 2018 said there was no appetite for assault weapons, then he tells the NRA they need to stand down on the Universal background checks and calls for red flag laws in every state in 2019. At which point he said to take their guns and worry about due process later. I don’t have the short memory many people do when it comes to someone having an R or D by their name.

Biden wants to end internet sales of guns and ammo with no justification or proof it would benefit a single thing. Both parties support universal background checks and red-flag laws. Not to mention they both seem to vote for removing the AR after a mass shooting.

Trump just this year has played to the 2nd amendment. Hoping many forget what he said the last 2 years, and he was right. For 50 + years we have been hearing how the Dems will take our firearms and yet we keep seeing both parties slowly add laws that restrict or remove certain rights. We have been left without a political party. We are just a group they play in an election year.

As to the supreme court, you are right a republican president will make sure they keep the 2nd intact in some form. That said, they won’t stop the banning of the AR. Trump did this to cover his own butt, not ours. I won’t be picking either of these guys based on the second amendment because they either don’t support it or only support it during an election year. Next year it will be back to the same thing.

Joe Biden is going to appoint Beto O’Rourke as the new gun Czar. “Hell yes, were going to take your ARs!” No agenda there. It is refreshing to hear supposed gunowners claiming there is no threat from the left. The same people that deny the violence perpetrated by the left in the the streets of Blue cities. Over $2 Billion in property damage with many minorities losing their entire life’s work and their lives for that matter. Is it ok to ambush and murder police officers because they may have hurt your feelings at some point? Where are the Democratic politicians that are condemning the murders and violence perpetrated by their constituents? In the Presidential debate, Joe denied the existence of AntiFa. How about them apples? Kamala has been bailing the violent perpetrators out as soon as they get booked. She also says “they are not going to stop…” with a big grin on her face.

Here in Virginia it is a single party, Democratic, that is systematically destroying 2A rights. If princess Northam has his way, no law-abiding citizen would own a firearm. The Republicans have fought fiercely against any new “firearms safety” measures that impact law-abiding citizens. While the Republicans had the legislative branch they eliminated many onerous 2A laws. I must be missing the picture.

8 Likes

I’ve always believed that if one doesn’t exercise their right to vote, not only in national elections, but also their local and state events, they have no room to complain about the outcome of an election, no matter which way it goes. I’ve talked to people balking and moaning about how things are, and they’re unhappy, and saying how things should be. I ask them if they voted, and if they reply no, I tell 'em maybe they should have voted. Just my two cents worth, and not dirdcted at anyone in particular.

3 Likes

@Greg33 My wife and I went to our polling place and cast our votes last Friday. We do have in-person early voting in Virginia. Just a thought, if you are concerned about heightened tensions on election day and are concerned about mail-in ballots getting lost in a ditch somewhere.

6 Likes

Located in Kentucky here, and I’m voting on Nov. 3rd, in-person at our designated place. I keep getting “messages” at the top of my IG feed to order an mail-in/absentee ballot, and vote early. I do not trust the mail-in ballots. Recently, there were outdoor kiosks set-up in locations around town, where early voting was available. I don’t trust a machine set up in a parking lot and running off of a generator.

4 Likes

This Fall, I found two other Q’s on the ballot in IL:

“If those with higher incomes should be taxed higher”

“Should the State of Illinois restrict the sale or possession of firearms that have been defined as assault weapons or of magazines that can hold more than a certain number of rounds of ammunition”

Chicago mail in ballot option:

1 Like

You might want to request the mail-in ballot - to pre-empt someone else doing it for you.

And Joe wants to take your 9 mm.

3 Likes

“Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9mm bullets and can hold 10 or more rounds?”

Not aware of any pistol that has 9mm bullets. The bullet in the 9mm Luger (9x19) cartridge is actually 0.355 inches in diameter, and the case is just over 19 mm in length. So, like his fictional AR-14, he can have all the pistols that carry 9mm bullets. I will keep my .45s, too.

4 Likes

@Dave17 His statement:

Further, while attending a private $500 a person fundraiser in November, Biden revealed his intent to ban 9mm pistols. According to an article from the Seattle Times, while at the soiree, the 77-year-old posited to attendees “Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9mm bullets and can hold 10 or more rounds?”

Isn’t the 9mm a pretty popular handgun for new CCW folks? Lets see, firearms registration, federal red flag laws, “Assault Weapons” ban and confiscation, military-style weapons ban, caliber and magazine restrictions…that is a very good start on eliminating the 2A. Encourage violent riots, Defund the Police and maintain a rotating door on violent criminals. Take away your ability to defend yourself and family. What is the Democratic Party trying to accomplish?

3 Likes

Civil War if they are not careful. Unless, of course, that is their goal. One wonders.

6 Likes

Anyone want to guess who these folks are?

2 Likes

Something tells me you’re not going to say the most recent episode of “Mail Order Bride”?

(Totally kidding and it hurts me to admit that show actually exists…)

2 Likes

Nope. Do they have a show like that? It is Alexander Soros and Kamala Harris mugging it up. Maybe they should have a new show called “Puppet Bride”.

3 Likes

“But who is getting fisted? Find out tonight!”

Lol I know who they are and saw you post this elsewhere, good to know it’s not just “poor” old Soros running around a COVID world spending billions to have his way.

3 Likes

It is clear.

One is for the Constitution and individual rights…

The other, if he can remember where he is… is for totalitarianism and government power and control.

The vote should be easy… but… far too many seem to be … unsure.

5 Likes

As mentioned above, Mr. “Take the guns first, due process later” is no friend of the second amendment. Granted, neither is Biden, but Biden is just more up-front about it. I know that people tend to disregard third parties, but the only truly pro-2A candidate is Libertarian Jo Jorgensen. Trump and Biden put on a good show but in many ways they are two peas in a pod. If you want to explore other options, check out jo20.com

1 Like