Casting Your Vote: What Gun Owners Should Know | USCCA

As pointed out many times in other forums… your ‘Mr. Take the guns first and worry about due process later’, did not take action on that.

I watch, I keep aware of what is done, and what is said. I did not like what was said, but it NEVER had any action taken.

Unlike so many others, mostly Democrats, but even some Republicans, who support and have endorsed ‘Red Flag’ laws.

The one thing Trump did do that I find wrong was signing off on the bump stock ban, not due to the bump stock which I find a waste, but due to the redefining of the word ‘machinegun’ in the law.

A bump stock does not … NOT… make a semi-automatic into an automatic, it only increases the rate of fire but the trigger must still be operated and reset for each shot.

The last election in 2016, the Constitution party had a good candidate, but he would not win, and with Hillary running, it is far too dangerous to risk it… and I am one who usually says vote your principles and values.

The issue in this election is, Trump has for the most part, followed a Conservative path, not perfectly, but mostly, and is the better choice.

Libertarians may be good in some cases and in others, they may be as bad as any Democrat.

Are you willing to risk a Biden victory?

3 Likes

I noticed this many years ago when I moved to the USA. The two party system here promotes the two party system. The country IMO would be more secure from tyranny with multiple parties. Kinda wish I could have voted for Perot, we would have had multiple party splits if he had stayed strong.

1 Like

We do have a multiple party system, unfortunately, there are two main parties which leads to the common practice of ‘two party system’. Before there was a Republican party, there was a Whig party.

We do have various independent parties, Libertarian Party, Constitution Party and some others.

I did vote for Perot, twice.

He made sense when Bush and Clinton both sounded alike… and the same with Dole and Clinton.

To some, there are those who support the Constitution and those who do not. All parties align along that division… and it must be remembered, while most (MOST) Conservatives are Republican or vote Republican… MOST Republicans are NOT Conservatives.

3 Likes

@John557. Welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

1 Like