Carry Clothing Wardrobe (CCW)

Thought I’d post a review of a great pair of carry-friendly shorts I just received. I ordered on Amazon and have had a chance to finally wear them with the warm weather.

They are really good quality, have great pocket storage and layout and allow AIWB comfortably.

I find it difficult to find good AIWB carry clothing so I thought I’d post.

What other clothing do you find works well?

Carhartt Men’s 11" Force Tappen… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FRA3R8K?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

9 Likes

I find what restricts AIWB carry the most is the holster and belt mostly. I am happy that you found a pair of shorts that offer you more comfort while carrying AIWB!

5 Likes

Will have to check those out. Looking for shorts for walking.

3 Likes

@ScottH Great topic. I have noticed a trend lately is slightly elastic waistbands in jeans, casual pants, and short pants. I really like that for when I appendix carry. Remember to ALWAYS use a duty grade belt as well.

3 Likes

@TexasEskimo, great point. I’ve seen some of the elastic options and wasn’t sure how they fit, or worked. I will have to try a pair. I do use strong gun belts, typically a 17oz Hanks Leather , which work great. A good belt makes all the difference.

I think I’ll rename this topic to “Carry Clothing Wardrobe (CCW)” to expand behind just a specific pair of shorts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you womens jeans for the elastic bands. And finally mens jeans copied.

4 Likes

Yes. And also, extra pockets and deep pockets.

Yesterday I ran out to enjoy some Spring weather. I grabbed a pocket holster and didn’t think much of it, until I sat down and realized the grip was poking out. I was wearing a comfortable pair of hot weather shorts, but not the tac-dad stuff I typically wear.

3 Likes

@ScottH Then I’ll put in my 2 cents about Open Carry clothing. I noticed that when I wear everyday casual wear and open carry that people nod, smile, are more polite, and are completely comfortable around me. Even LEO’s will acknowledge me in a friendly manner. As opposed to going with full tactical and pro 2A clothing. I leave that wardrobe for the range and the woods.

7 Likes

Completely agree. There’s something to be said about dressing in regular casual attire vs the full tactical wear. There’s a lot of great clothing out there that fits well, is comfortable, and doesn’t set off “look at me” alarms.

Excellent point :+1:

3 Likes

They look good and the price is right, I like mine at the knees though and the model there has them above the knees. I don’t know how you feel about that but I do like them.

2 Likes

They’re 11" and go to the knees. Been happy with them overall.

2 Likes

Do you know of any brands with elastic waste bands? I need this my life :joy::joy:. I have one pair of shorts with belt loops and some days they’re tighter than others… depending on what my last meal was :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

They’re are many. 5.11, Tru-Spec, CQR, and others I haven’t tried or forgotten about. The elastic band is typically hidden near or behind belt loops and is there to make sure the pants don’t restrict movement when you bend or move. Of course, if you’re wearing a sturdy belt to support your firearm, they won’t feel so flexible. :laughing:

4 Likes

@Scoutbob I rarely wear short pants so I can’t directly recommend any specific brand. However I have several friends that wear a particular brand with an elastic waistband that they have recommended to me. It is the “Depend” brand. We would all appreciate a review if you take that route.

7 Likes

@MikeBKY always tells us “it Depends!” :laughing:

3 Likes

How interesting!

2 Likes

For me its always a pocket issue. I find it hard to get pants/shorts that have pockets where I want them

2 Likes

I personally like an elastic waistband. I let my belt determine the max circumstance. It is also more comfortable when transitioning from sitting to walking.

5 Likes

Tru spec accent… wear every day. Work casual in both shorts and pants. They have 2 elastic stretch points that are actually anchored in the waistband. The whole waste doesn’t stretch but more expands from each hip towards the front allowing more room for holsters or expanding stomachs. Nice thing is if you dont have a holster it contracts back to original size

4 Likes

I’ll look onto these! Thank you.

3 Likes