Carry Clothing Wardrobe (CCW)

Tried it. I wouldn’t recommend it without a good carry belt. It does make going to the bathroom while carrying much easier.

4 Likes

I dont wear shorts at all, in the service carried my 1911 in a shoulder holster over the tiger stripe Cameo and when discharged went to western wear as every day wear with snap western shirt,never wore button up shirts except on the fatigues and cameo,I wear what is called a deep cover shoulder holster that is cloth and held closed with felcrow and that is all i have ever used and do practice all the time so it is a smooth practice draw as my motor memory kicks in automatically,have never been comfortable with pocket or belt or in side pants holsters,and although I can carry open,I choose not to,I always have the thought that I will be the first taken down by the bad guy,like the idea of surprise as he goes down,although have not fired my weapon at any one yet since the service,came close but did not have too

3 Likes

I try very hard not to have carrying change my overall clothing style. Fortunately a few years back I went just about exclusively to not tucking in my shirt, and I mostly go with pocket carry. This really means just making sure I buy pants with deep enough pockets. So far this “summer” (hey, it is still spring) I’ve only worn shorts once and they were fine for pocket carry.

But now I find I need to really update my wardrobe. It has been too long since I did regular IWB carry, and I want to get comfortable with that again. In the process I discovered a huge problem, my summer shirt wardrobe has migrated to clingy thin materials, and they really print. And a few of appropriate material, but they seem to have shrunk (um…) so they no longer fit loosely. I can’t wait for my wife’s response when a boatload of new shirts arrives while my closet is already overstuffed.

So far I’ve become a fan of 5.11 tactical, not that what I’ve been buying screams tactical at all. I like their jeans, both because they happen to fit me better than most brands and because they have two very discrete extra pockets for magazines (or knife, or flashlight). The extra pockets are so discrete that I almost sent my first pair back as I couldn’t find them and was wondering what was so tactical about the jeans. I have also tried a couple of their polo shirts. Fit well, don’t print, longer than most so less chance of them riding up and exposing my firearm. I’m looking to buy more, but am having problems with availability in my size right now. So I am looking for alternate suggestions, particularly for polo shirts.

3 Likes

Hey brother my wife buys clothes for me. She buys me nice comfortable dress Kakis and just get your polo shirts a size bigger. She wants me not to print so there is a shirt company called untuck and those shirts are nice an comfortable and cut just to your shape. Now that the hot weather is coming Kaki shorts also for IWB carry.

3 Likes

I’ll check out the untuck company. Thanks for the tip @Johnnyq60

Update:. Is it untuckIT ?

2 Likes

I think every outfit should have a nice carry belt

3 Likes

Hey Scott you are correct it is untuckit

1 Like

Aren’t these shirts perfect for IWB concealed carry? And a nice pair of Kaki pants you can conceal a gun and look good doing it brother.

2 Likes

Yes I’ll probably get something from their site. Great looking shirts. Thanks again

2 Likes

I’ve found I really like these shorts. Big pockets. I carry my flashlight clipped to my left pocket.
My knife clipped to my right pocket. My phone keys wallet all have a good place, and I use the cargo pockets for my mask.

Carhartt Men’s 11" Rugged Flex Rigby Cargo Short https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JMTZVHD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qgpcFb6CYRR79

3 Likes

Great for pocket carry!

2 Likes

Weather is my first deciding factor. Cold,wet certain clothes are neccessary. With more clothes it also tells which firearm I carry. But even in summer shorts are not in my line up. So that is actually one less choice for me. CCW can be somewhat of an art form.

1 Like

I haven’t worn a shirt tucked in for about 6 years. So I tend to get shirts designed to be, Untucked. I also tend to get pants one size larger than normal to allow for the IWB holster. I also use a Tactical belt or what some call a riggers belt. I have two weights depending on what I plan on using for a carry weapon. The heavier one for a 45 and a lighter one. Both are just wide enough the engage the clip detente or bend in my holsters and Magazine carriers.

I wear a lot of denim or Jeans and some tactical and cargo type pants and shorts. I like 5.11 pants and shorts. And once again one size bigger than normal non carry wear. If I find other brands I like as well as 5.11 I would be willing to give them a try. I tend to carry between 3 and 4 o’clock but never so as that my weapon’s magazine goes past the very forward edge of my rear pocket. Or not a real Kidney carry.

If I have to wear something more formal or business like I wear an ankle holster and a small snub nose.

3 Likes