Concealed carry in Summer Clothing

How do you adapt your concealed carry with the generally lighter clothing worn in warm weather?

9 Likes

“SUMMER IS COMING”

I’m fortunate enough to be able to get away with this on a daily basis! For the past 34 years, it was acceptable as an art gallery owner and now in retirement!
Welcome!

15 Likes

I pocket carry so nothing changes from summer to winter.

12 Likes

I’m 6’2",200+/-, and my wife bought me “long” Tee shirts. G19 or 43.
Used to use belly band holsters also, but sweat too much. Still okay with a piece of t shirt cloth as a barrier between skin and band…can carry a 1911 comfortably with my better bb holster.

7 Likes

IDK. Smaller, shorter CCW. Hip, IWB, sometimes OWB, short sleeve shirt but not tucked, a little on the lengthy side shirt hem. Or front-pant pocket carry, but using a good pocket holster. Good timing with warm weather upon us. Sure we’ll hear some good tips. Good luck partner.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family @Jon86 and God bless you

2 Likes

I don’t change much. Basically the same 15-ish capacity 9mm year round. Untucked t-shirt. Occasionally in the summer, depending on the environment I’ll be in, I might throw a button up fishing type (think Columbia PFG, or Kuhl) over as they are kind of ubiquitous here in the summer, and if I really really want to be concealed, downsize to a Shield (Plus, now) size

7 Likes

the biggest thing is wearing a belt with my shorts and i wear shirts, tank tops or tees or even hawian shirts that are colored heavy enough to not be see through. I have never experienced an issue with printing, even when walking into the wind. I am 5’8" about 210 lbs, so I’m kinda thick and I carry a Colt Defender .45 with a relentless IWB holster. This works well for me. I carry like this summer winter spring or fall, regardless of what I’m wearing. I have had no issues concealing.

10 Likes

Same as Scott52 above. I wear a tucked UA sleeveless T-shirt and a untucked longer short sleeved button up shirt and a full sized 1911 .45 in a tight to the side holster with a NEX Belt.
You have to dress to carry. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

“Island shirts” I don’t care whether they’re Hawaiian, Caribbean, or Cuban, like what Scott52 shared. They conceal well.
Avoid light colored shirts.
A good gun belt on cargo shorts is best to hold the weight for IWB and pocket carry.

10 Likes

If possible use a smaller, lighter firearm? Perhaps a belly band holster? Fanny pack? Or as BeanCounter says, a good gun belt. Also at the same time with any of these options get a shirt a size or two larger than usual.

6 Likes

Over sized Tee over a Tank top. Then I use the same IWB I use in the winter.

6 Likes

Swap to a smaller one. 365 fits well.

3 Likes

Welcome @Jon86!

I live in FL and use tshirts most of the year. I have a smaller frame and carry a Glock 43. No issues with wearing loose shirts over IWB at 3:30-4:00 position.

Most people aren’t paying attention enough to notice minor printing. The people that will notice are usually also carrying and watching their surroundings.

8 Likes

My usual summer carries are a Glock 30 or S&W 38 special. Winter months~5 in Kimber, FN 509.

3 Likes

I’m like Scott52… I use loose fitting shirts and look like a stand-in for Magnum PI. Only not as pretty.

7 Likes

Sig P365X, appendix carry using a quality “claw” holster - no problems any time of the year. Putting a folded handkerchief between the holster and my skin helps with any perspiration problems.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family @Jon86

3 Likes

I have the luxury of carrying a .45 - 1911, even if I am just wearing a T-shirt or a Tank top.
It is not a full size .45 and I wear shirts loose enough that it does not print.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Jon86. Mine usually stays the same. I wear jeans and t-shirts or polo shirts year-round. The only dramatic change in my clothing is wearing sweaters every now and then in the Winter when I don’t want to wear a jacket. I may change up the firearm that I carry for the day, depending on what activities I will be doing.

4 Likes