Concealed carry in Summer Clothing

IWB holster and a loose shirt to avoid someone picking up on the profile of your firearm.

6 Likes

So that was you on Hawaii Five-0 with those shirts.

2 Likes

IMO >> that is also based on feed back.

• if you want to hide something put it in plain sight.
  • can you remember what people around you were wearing or, what their shoes looked like the last time you went out.
  • unless We do something to expose our iron odds are it will be undetected.
  • 25 % of the time our body angle will completely block our carry position.
  • Woman are the ones that have a problem with printing with these new elastic tight pants that they have to unscrew their feet off to get their pants on. The biggest crime is looking like Baby Shamu in tights. ( lol ).
  • donā€™t worry bought it.
    PS: donā€™t shoot the Messenger, I will return fire.
6 Likes

Where do you think the original Magnum P.I. got the idea?
Being the fashion consultant was better than the guy trying to teach these ā€œactorsā€ how to hold a firearm! If I see one more ā€œTea-cup gripā€,ā€¦

Speaking of fashion, you can always tell a new carry owner. They are tugging at their shirt or lifting their pants. If you wear your sidearm as comfortably as you wear your socks youā€™ll be fine!
99% of the population is on their phone and oblivious, the other 1% is us. The other advantages to wearing a plus size Hawaiian shirt is mobility. You can bend, reach, lift, dance ( no FBI flips ) shake hands with dignitaries, and dance with his wife and no one will know Iā€™m carrying!

If I nonchalantly carried an AR into my grocery store, the only one to notice would be a concealed carrier or at least, he/she should! But if I carried a broomstick in a manner or a shooting stance the world would be in a panic.
Moral of the story donā€™t shop with a broomstick and spandex!

4 Likes

@Scott52 >> Thanks to everyone Iā€™m still learning but something I learned along time ago
IS = ā€œ IF SEE SOME ONE DRESSED LIKE DON HO SOMETHING IS UP ā€œ
>> * Its the same as wearing a NRA shirt.

3 Likes

Only in New York! Or Chicagoā€¦
If everyone around you looks like Don, no worries! If you look like Agent Smith where I live somethingā€™s surely wrong!

2 Likes

Depends on how hot/cool it is.

If itā€™s a jeans day, I carry my EC9s tucked in my waistband at the 6:00 position.

If itā€™s a shorts day, itā€™s my LCP holstered in my front pocket.

Really loving this LCP - gives me the option of carrying no matter what or where.

7 Likes

@Scott52 >> No. kidding aside, I think a shirt is the best costume for summer carry. If you carry a neck tie with you you also be able to pass a dress code to get into some places
THANKS MR. SCOTT. AKA HO >> donā€™t go there.

4 Likes

I use a pocket holster and wear cargo shorts. Actually very comfortable.

8 Likes

Depending on the situationā€¦

I had significantly reduced summer carry with AIWB. However I play around with a couple factors depending on what Iā€™m doing.

1. Firearm size - I usually carry a CW45 (relatively small). I will occasionally switch to a PM45 if I want to reduce the potential for printing. This is often when I have to be closer to strangers while doing more physical duties, e.g. moving bags of salt, soil, mulch, cabinetry, furniture, etc. in a crowded area.

2. Simple clothing options.

a. Iā€™ll often wear an open, long-sleeve shirt that hangs over my jeans. This is helpful if out in the sun a lot or if temperatures swing from hot to cool, i.e. working through the early morning or late afternoon to night outside. Be aware, I switched from IWB 4 oā€™clock to AIWB because when working I had to kneel or crouch to work on things at ground level for longer periods of time, the T-shirt would ride up a little, get caught on the grip, and then the long sleeve shirt tail would get stuck in the T-shirt/grip groove.

b. Sometimes Iā€™ll wear two T-shirts instead of one. This thickens the total material and allows a second layer to slide over the first if the first starts to snag or develop a sillhouette.

4 Likes

I wear Carhart tee shirts which are extra long and a bit baggy. I also carry a S & W Shield. Itā€™s smaller size hides well.

6 Likes

@Scott52 @Bootlegor *

looks like Mr. Scott hit a nerve. Whatā€™s your plan Mr. Bootleger :question:

3 Likes

I wear a Tommygunpack all seasons it carries not only my edc but 3 extra magazines, a first aid kit as well as many other item that i may need, like a multi tool, knife, pen , notebook and more. Stay Alert Donā€™t Get Hurt :cowboy_hat_face::cactus::us::sun_with_face::desert::dart::us_outlying_islands::+1:

5 Likes

@George19 >> ok, letā€™s not go too far.

3 Likes

You kinda motivated me to get my first IWB style holster. Just tried it out yesterday for the first time. Itā€™s not so bad, was comfortable. :blush:

5 Likes

At the NTA we referred to these as ā€œcuisineā€.

4 Likes

Redhead pants have good access to ankle carry setup with zipup pantlegs Very thin cloth and liteweight

5 Likes

Welcome John from NKY.

1 Like

I have a great, stiff, low-profile gun belt that is made for edc. I also carry IWB appendix 99% of the time, so I donā€™t change from summer to winter.

I am currently on vacation in Hilton Head Island, SC, so I have been mostly shorts and tshirts. However, I purchased a tactical fanny pack to discreetly carry and quickly disarm (leaving my fanny pack with all my edc with my in-laws on the beach) so I can go play in the ocean.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve changed my EDC to a Sig P365, so itā€™s got a very small footprint to start with. Combine that with a belly-band and a lose shirt and Iā€™m set.

3 Likes