Concealed carry in Summer Clothing

with regular shorts, I wear a very loose T shirt that covers well. With sweats or sweat shoets, usually a fanny pack. If going to church, or where I need to wear regular clothes, a SNEAKY PETE.

3 Likes

I am looking at a belly band option
currently IWB and a S&W shield
last weekend I was at a farm picking up bees
got out of the truck and my T shirt was hung up on the grip showing my carry
the farmer didnā€™t bat an eye at it so I slid by on this one
need to fix this sooooo
how is the belly band working out for you?

Mike

2 Likes

It works out fine for me. Iā€™ve worn it under gym shorts and a large t-shirt with no problems. But, I donā€™t normally carry while lifting boxes (especially bees!).

Good luck!

2 Likes

I use a bellyband on my daily morning walk (3 - 5 miles), that also accommodates my spare mag. I position the firearm at 12:00. No problems with retention or printing. During the summer I am wearing a T-shirt one size up from my normal size, and in winter I add a baggy sweatshirt. I also wear an undershirt beneath the belly band to help with sweat control. All other times I carry AIWB with a quality holder that has a claw. No problems AIWB wearing my normal size shirts.

2 Likes

If itā€™s too warm for jeans and a cover garment i will switch out my hellcats to a Kimber Micro 9 in a muddy river IWB clipped inside my shorts pocket with an untucked shirt. Unnoticeable and easy access. on the motorcycle it has to be owb at 4:00 and i count on my jacket or vest to cover it.
works out pretty well.

3 Likes

You had me at Kimber and Muddy!

Notice how it coordinates with my Aloha wear!

5 Likes

The 2 weapons I carry all the time unless asleep is a a Taurus Millennium PT 745 Pro and always carried in left shoulder holster and the holster is cloth and held together with felcrow,been using that holster for years with no problems ,and all your round I dress the same and it is western cut and the shirt has all snaps and to draw my left hand jerks the snaps open as my right goes for the weapon and as i pull my thumb is on the thumb safty and MY FINGER is along side the slide,and My 9mm is carried in an anckle holster on the right leg with only the butt stock showing out of me boot,the 9mm is also a Taurus G2C with thumb safety,got used to the thumb safty on the 1911 in Nam

2 Likes

Nice. I have some ā€œtacticalā€ Hawaiian shirts as well,
Thats my hot weather EDC.
Trusty little bugger.
Cheers!

3 Likes

Me Too,
Kimber EVO 9 with a MRT leather IWB, all of the time.

5 Likes

Wife beater and T shirt or light golf shirt Springfield Ronin 3ā€™ā€™ EMP

1 Like

Just now looking for better shirts. I am used to having them tight and tucked, but now getting set up for CCW has changed my fashion a bit.
Summer in AZ does not leave as many options as I would like.
Looking into untucked longer T shirts (with pocket. I am a nut for having a pocket on my shirt no matter what).
My shorts and belt I just got work fine with IWB holster. Still working out positioning. And shirtā€¦

5 Likes

My edc never varies summer or winter other than wearing a vest or jacket in winter,I wear western cut pants and snap up shirts all seasons and practice with jerking open my snaps with lefty hadd and with right draw my 45 out with thumb on thumb safety and have practiced it so that it is automatic

2 Likes

You got me thinking of thrift shops now too. Might even find a bargain.

1 Like

I hope thats open carry, that will be a distraction for your back up.
PS: very temping eye candy.
PSS: just to prove a point that ( normally ) people carry go unnoticed ;

• asked a blue card Carrier if I was printing with my carry side facing him and I was printing he didnā€™t even know what printing was.
  • was talking to two people in a gun shop for a while about choosing a gun that wasnā€™t so printable ; I asked them to turn away from me to see if they could tell me about my shoes and cloths neither one of them had a clue, nor could they see me printing ( and I was ).
1 Like

As an upgrade from traditional belly bands, consider the PHLSter Enigma. You choose your own compatible holster to fit your EDC of choice. At the web site you can see co-owner Sara demonstrating the Enigma with hospital scrubs.

1 Like

When I carry, Iā€™m the eye candy!

Sheā€™s my backup, and thereā€™s no way you can tell sheā€™s carrying?
If so, youā€™re a better gun guy than I. :innocent:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll see you on the Beach you Ho ; ( Don ).
Sending you express mail.
PS: kids are watching.

Just a note on shirts for EDC. Prints and patterns hide better than solid colors. Knits (T-Shirts and synthetics) should be avoided). For summer I prefer an Hawaiian shirt. People too engaged at looking at the pattern to notice if someone is printing. Put some fun into your EDC!

6 Likes

Agree 100 percent with you brother @Larry130 :+1::+1:

1 Like

There are patterns and then there are patterns!
How much fun are we talking? :sunglasses:

Densely woven high quality cotton adds weight and wonā€™t fly around on a windy day! Rayon and polyester tend to cling and blow up in the wind. Subdued colors that blend with the environment work well and donā€™t attract undue attention!

The more I look at it the more Iā€™m considering the top one, just for the fun of it! No one will ever think Iā€™m carrying in that shirt! It may even create some distance between me and my adversaries, for one thing, itā€™s blinding, second if I Hula in it a bit, they are going into an epileptic fit!

3 Likes