Perfect shirt for concealed carry?

A Hawaiian shirt is a great way to conceal a firearm! Kevin remade one of my favorite videos he’s ever done - carrying under a Hawaiian shirt.

Before you watch the video: How many guns can Kevin conceal under a Hawaiian shirt?

0 voters

Find out how many he can carry here:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/the-perfect-cover-garment-for-concealed-carry/

5 Likes

Hawaiian shirts are the best. Great for concealment, plus you can spend all summer thinking you’re Magnum P.I.

9 Likes

@Travis3, I couldn’t resist. I had to google Magnum PI and Hawaiian Shirts:

It was not disappointing. :rofl:

6 Likes

I spent a lot of timing watching Magnum PI when I was younger. I adored the fact that he wore what looked like a Detroit Tigers hat, I was born and raised in Michigan. I moved to Florida almost 20 years ago and I’m still a Detroit fan.

3 Likes

I Love it! I’d guessed Right! :smiley:

2 Likes

Now I’m going to be looking around for the people wearing Hawaiian shirts. Thanks for that. LOL

Mike

5 Likes

Just go where the old guys hang out. The Hawaiian shirt has been a favorite for decades

3 Likes

It was definitely a Tigers hat and his character was definitely a Tigers fan. They talked about it in quite a few episodes.

2 Likes

I’ve got to admit it, I’m finally disappointed in one of Kevin’s videos.

Had he gone a size or two larger he could have added at least four more full sized or compacts in shoulder and belly band configuration plus at least one more in the small of the back.

The best thing about wearing a HI shirt is that everyone will figure you’re just an old dork (non threat), worst part is they’ll assume you’re tourist and probably carrying then a load of cash. :rofl:

On a serious note, this design is perfect for even deep concealment because they are designed to fit very loosely.

Consider other similarly designed extra loose fit shirts such as button down baseball and hockey jerseys. Not only are they ideal design wise you can fit right in, in any major city in the US.

5 Likes

Never been a fan of Hawaiian shirts and now just like @Michael1 I’m going to be looking for those wearing it and wondering how many guns they have on them. :joy:

5 Likes

You had me worried for a moment there @Wildrose! :rofl:

I think he probably had at least one more gun that he didn’t show because you never want to give away all of your carry secrets :wink:

6 Likes

Not Hawaiian print, but big button up shirts are king at my house, 2nd only to Carhartt T-shirt’s. And, if I’m wearing Hawaiian like Magnum, I’d have to carry a 1911 Government like he did.

6 Likes

Dang, I was going for 9… because KEVIN. :rofl:
pretty sure there was room for at least a pair of shoulder holsters and a pendant holstered something-or-other.

The pocket beat me.

2 Likes

Funny, I’ve done the Hawaiian shirts for a long time for this reason. Makes people giggle, because I am a Tigers fan. We had a minor league Tigers team here when I was a kid. I wear 2X t-shirts for concealment as well. Seems to work, for me anyway.

4 Likes

I have a couple of Hawaiian shirts, but in my town, wearing one, I would stick out like a sore thumb. NOBODY around here wears Hawaiian shirts! I am thinking an oversized Polo shirt would work better for me. I think that it would work a little better with cowboy boots and a Stetson😳

6 Likes

What about a plain button-down, short sleeve shirt, @Henry_A? Would that draw too much attention?

2 Likes

I often wear exactly that - a plain, buttoned down short sleeved shirt, tails out, over a snug t-shirt just as light weight as I can find. Since I make a lot of my shirts I can add just a hair more ease on my carry side, along with cutting the tails to just the right length. I end up with a better overall fit along with minimal or no printing.

Regards.
Think before you act; apologizing is no way to go through life.

2 Likes

You make your own shirts? That’s awesome, @David38! It’s been a long time since I’ve made clothing.

1 Like

Shirts, pants, vests, coats, etc, etc. Once you become competent with the basics of sewing, anything is possible. I spent 5 years working from home selling semi-custom historic clothing to folks reenacting the 18th and early 19th centuries.

Regards.

4 Likes