Perfect shirt for concealed carry?

I normally wear a loose button down shirt and carry shoulder holster. With past injuries and limitations of reach that is the most comfortable and practical way for me to carry.

1 Like

What I ended up doing was collecting vests-brown and black. I usually wear a button down or a t-shirt, depending on the heat, with a leather vest over it concealing my Taurus 9mm compact. I wear the gun outside my shirt for ease of access, and in this little New Mexican town, this rig doesn’t raise an eyebrow. Going to church or a social occassion, I ‘cowboy up’ with a Kusiak leather OWB holster under the vest on a fancy belt. Don’t do that often, though.

2 Likes

Got a couple Carhartt tshirts in the 6.5oz cotton (check the details before you buy as they have several weights) in one size larger than I normally wear… that’s working well. The 6.5oz cotton is more substantial than most tshirts, prints less, and holds its shape better over time than most tshirts. I have all heathered or solid colors and that’s working for apendix or crossdraw appendix IWB.

4 Likes

I like my long silk Hawaiian shirts. They work well and feel great, but I don’t end up looking like Magnum. I look like T Graham Brown. That’s ok by me. We love T Graham! If I can sing like him I’ll be happier.

2 Likes

I’ve tried several different undershirts this summer just to evaluate them.

I’m finding both of these to be very comfortable, breathable, and cooling in the heat and we’ve been up as high as 107F recently and over 100F about half the time the last month.

They feel cool when you put them on and wick the sweat away and somehow seem to help with evaporation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hanes-6-Pack-Undershirt-Men-XTemp-Comfort-Cool-Dyed-Black-Crewneck-Black-TagFree/142988984855?var=441956460146

We don’t have your humidity but they might be worth a try.

1 Like

It’s not the heat, it’s the humility.

4 Likes

Oh it’s both for sure. I hate humidity and i don’t like the heat but I can take it. The two together become oppressive as hell for me.

2 Likes

Read again.

1 Like

Tire eyes. :smiley:

1 Like

I missed it by two. I guessed 9. I saw an article in American Handgunner a couple of years ago where Massad Ayoob demonstrated that he could conceal a lot more than that. The number 43 comes to mind, but I’m sure that ain’t right.

I wear those kinds of shirts all year round here in Florida, unless I’m wearing a “fishing” shirt. I don’t get a second glance.

1 Like

Although out of season now in WI, your local Walmart carries Hawaiian style shirts with non-Hawaiian prints. loose, long, and easy to conceal under. They’re also inexpensive. Some of my shirts I got from the local second hand store- I paid 3 bucks, and I look stylishly retro to boot!

1 Like

down here in fl button up fishing shirts have definitely been a go to for me

1 Like

How about scrubs? I don’t have have any but been thinking they might be good for summer.

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving guys.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Right now I’m just wearing regular t shirts, other loose shirts (I have a realtree fishing shirt that I used to crawl in attics this past summer that’s really loose) and some plaid flannels (one is looser than the other though). And even though I’m a medium I’ll wear a large so I can carry. But I don’t buy anything made for CC. Partly because I don’t have the money and because it’s just easier to be comfortable with my normal clothes.

2 Likes

Mom and I both got ourselves one of the USCCA Hawaiian shirts. We wore them to our synagogue’s Hanukah party. We even went on stage and showed them how goofy we can be for our part of the talent show. We got compliments on the shirts and no one commented on the USCCA in the design. Mom and I were chuckling about that later. We bought them loose enough that each of us could have had several guns on us. I was carrying both of mine that day and the spare magazines for each, just in case of an attempted mass murder.

4 Likes

That’s awesome, @HeatherLP! (The ability to carry multiple firearms, not the reason you might need them.)

2 Likes

I have got to where I wear the Columbia or the Academy brand fishing shirts almost everyday. They are super comfortable and breathable so I stay comfortable. I work for myself and so I don’t have to wear a uniform shirt for work or anything that is tucked in so these types of shirts works well for me. I like to carry an Aliengear belt slide holster or Crossbread reckoning holster, which are both OWB, and my shirts cover it well. There are times that I have to wear tucked in shirts and I will wear IWB with a loose fitting polo or button down shirt.

4 Likes

Welcome to the group @Erik3!

1 Like