Perfect shirt for concealed carry?

The Columbia shirts with the vents are great for summer carry. They make a nice casual dress shirt too.

3 Likes

I often wear the Columbia Tamiami long sleeve shirt in the summer. They discontinued my favorite navy blue color. I’ve used them for both casual business (white) buttoned up and outdoor (blue) hard work unbuttoned and sleeves rolled up.

I can get away with a small subcompact IWB at 4 o’clock under the T shirt and keep the Columbia shirt unbuttoned and sleeves rolled up when working outside. I’ve worn the white version for some casual business meetings when the weather was in the 90’s and humid. Since it’s not cotton, no sweat stains, it has ventilation, and is very light material.

3 Likes

I wear the typical t shirt or polo shirt or a hoodie that are all size large instead of medium so it is long enough to cover. I appendix carry and my Ruger LCP is the perfect size and light enough I don’t notice it all day.

1 Like

More the guns, more the better. But I can only carry a maximum of 3 guns. It is the maximum that my permit will allow.

So this isn’t you? :wink:
images.jpeg

2 Likes

I love HI shirts and have several myself for this exact reason. My only issue now a days and why I have strayed away from them a bit is that they have been adopted as the “unofficial uniform of the boogaloo crew.” The guys and gals who think about the revolution and banding together to take back the government forcefully kinda guys. Now anytime I see a guy in a HI shirt that’s all I can see is him or her carrying. I’m pretty certain there are non carriers who know this too and that’s what they think.

All that being said I love HI shirts during summer, light, breezy, super soft, and comfortable.

Columbia button down PFG shirts… here in Florida, everyone wears 'em so you tend to blend right in.

They’re basically hawaiian shirts without the flowers! LOL

2 Likes

I prefer golf shirt styles in dark colors, easy to match with khakis.
2nd choice is plaid then Hawaiian shirts.

1 Like

I know some reenactors who took up sewing because they couldn’t find anyone like you…or at least afford someone like you.

Aloha, Cuban, short/long sleeve button front untucked. T-shirt under a light jacket or sports jacket is the other option in warm climates.

I’d just like to find men’s shirts that close up like women’s shirts. I’m left handed and carry under my right arm. The way men’s shirts close makes it awkward to get to my firearm in a hurry. Not impossible, but I know it could be easier. I don’t see well enough to make my own clothes.

That’s part of the reason I started sewing! When I turned it from hobby to business, I did my best to keep pricing at or a little below midrange. I ended up working 80-100 hours a week for about $3 an hour. And that was before taxes. At my price point I couldn’t sew fast enough to make a living and I refused to compromise on quality just to cut costs. When I did try to raise prices I got complaints from the majority of shoppers. I would point out that my goods were made to order according to each client’s measurements for proper fit (no S-M-L offerings here)and that the fabrics were always the best quality available. Deaf ears almost every time.
Then the recession of '08 hit and discretionary spending dried up. Soon my order log consisted only of work that HAD to be custom fit, i.e., people with extremely large measurements or odd body shapes. These required more than just a few tweaks to an existing pattern, but rather the time consuming drafting of an entirely new pattern . I ended up with fewer orders that took much longer to complete.
About this time my former employer got in touch, asking if I would be interested in some side work. After some serious discussions I closed up shop, refunded my last few orders, and went back to work full time.

1 Like

Yeah, folks who buy business suits at JC Penney aren’t going to be inclined to pay 5th Avenue tailor prices for a costume, but plenty of them find that out the hard way.

I am surprised no one has brought this up. Duluth Trading Co has a long tail shirt. Helps keep things covered when you move. I have a long torso as well. Long tailed shirts, they are not just for plumbers.

4 Likes