Mens T-Shirts for Concealing

Can anybody recommend some brands of t-shirts that work well for concealed carry? Grunt Style shirts are good but I need some plain shirts. I’ve tried different brands that fit well but theyre too short to where is I raise my right arm a little my holster clip is visible on my belt and any higher everything is visible. I basically can’t move. LOL

5 Likes

Carhartt seems to run a little longer and doesn’t shrink up like so much trash being marketed today.

8 Likes

Tall sizes. With patterns.

10 Likes

Cool, I’ll check them out.

2 Likes

Duluth Trading Company Long Tail T Shirts.

19 Likes

Thanks for raising this, no pun intended. I prefer OWB, so I’ll be checking for more advice. :blush:

2 Likes

:point_up: This.
Any brand will work. Just has to be at least one size up and gets a pattern. Plain color doesn’t conceal as good as patterns.

5 Likes

@Jason148 My wife got me into Gildan T Shirts a while back and they are great, long enough to cover all pockets, great for pocket carry and EDC not to mention very comfortable. Also we get T Shirts from Til Valhalla Project great shirts also and there goal is to make sure no fallen Hero goes forgotten and to ensure veterans are getting the treatment they deserve.
Link below if anyone is interested. :us: :us: :us: :us: :us: :us:

7 Likes

I buy shirts with designs on them from a wide variety of places like teespring, amazon, and some from nine-line (vet owned apparel company). They are sometimes funny, or star wars/trek, marvel, etc. Just pretty much anything mainstream, and they’ve always fit just fine and been long enough to reach just past pant pockets.

You also will likely prefer heavier/thicker cotton (or similar material) as it tends to “drape” and not get hung up on the grip and print.

4 Likes

Try Duluth tall t shirts…

3 Likes

I’m finding that not to be true for me, at least not when it comes to concealing. I’ve bought some XLs that were cut low, XLs that are snug, XLs that for just right, and some that are loose and look like hell. I’m no bodybuilder, not by a longshot, but training has given me some weird proportions so buying clothes just sucks most of the time.

@AL34 Yes, I like TVP as well. I’m looking for some shirts with minimal logos and stuff too. I do try and by shirts from then when I can, it’s a good cause too. I’ll check out Gildan for sure.

@Harvey Nice I’ll checkout Nine Line too, think I vaguely temper looking at them before too. Like I mentioned to Jersey, it’s always a crapshoot for me with clothes. I’ll try one or two shirts and see before I buy more.

Duluth looks good.

1 Like

Finding T-shirt which works for you is almost like finding good holster. You cannot find it without trying. And yes… sometimes it may look like hell. :smiling_imp:
Everyone’s body is different and your chest / belly proportion plays the biggest role in choosing the garment.

I hope you eventually find the clothes which work the best ! :+1:

3 Likes

Wolverine t-shirts and button down shirts.

1 Like

Wolverine Shirts are nice but a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

1 Like

Carhartt Factory 2nds - Discount Prices, Free Shipping

Carhartt Factory 2nds - Discount Prices, Free Shipping

Carhartt Factory 2nds. Carhartt has made available a limited number of special purchase items at great prices. These are identical in quality to the normal items. They may have slight cosmetic blemishes causing Carhartt to mark as 2nds. Sizes are accurate. These are the best deals on the site! Limited Quantities! These are one time purchases.

Try buying XL TALL shirts. There is a difference as the L simply references Large.

I personally prefer Gildan shirts because they are a fairly heavy material that drapes well and can be had with a pocket. I have found that my 1911 still wants to print a little but if I put something fairly heavy in the pocket that drags it down a little the printing isn’t as noticeable. Probably because the shirts slight distortion is even more obvious and attracts the eye.

2 Likes

I wear tee shirts all the time while ccw. Any tee works just buy one the next size bigger than what you normally wear.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Paul381 and you are blessed to be here.

If I’m ordering a graphic T, I get 2 sizes up these days. I’ve had too many shirts be designed for a tight fit, or they shrank too fast. That works pretty well for my build. A bigger shirt doesn’t hang too low.

1 Like

USA Tactical was advertising a shoulder holster in a Tee shirt for concealed carry … it was ordered five weeks ago … still waiting … beginning to think a scam …

1 Like