Looking for CCW shirts

The other day my girlfriend bought me a Hawaiian shirt for me from a camping & gear consignment shop. Little did she know it was a Magpul Industries shirt and the hula girls on it were carrying ARs. That was awesome in it of itself, but what I was most impressed with is that it was a five-button shirt, with a snap bottom button. Meaning if I were to pull the right side of the shirt while wearing it I would be easily able to grab my firearm without unbuttoning the whole shirt. I have been looking all over for these shirts so I could get more, but I guess Magpul stopped selling them a while ago.

Anyone here know where you can find shirts like these? Thanks in advance.

7 Likes
3 Likes

That looks like an awesome product, but I don’t think it has the single snap button at the bottom, which is what I’m looking for.

1 Like

ah, I didn’t catch that snaps vs buttons is what you were after.

Search around Dixxons’ site, they have a number of flannels and hawaiin style shirts and party shirts that have snaps instead of buttons

2 Likes

here is an alternative; all snaps however

https://vertx.com/dadeland-ccw-shirt

3 Likes

I have that shirt. Bought it through war poet. I don’t like it at all. Fabric feels much heavier than expected and fit is both small and short. Just my experience

I do however have a number of Dixxon flannels, long sleeve bamboo, and short sleeve various shirts. Them I like. Especially the Tall sizes for the long sleeves. The snaps are nice, just easy on/off and also easy to pull unsnapped for draw if you want (I don’t unsnap to draw, not all my shirts have snaps so I KISS and keep it consistent and pull the shirt itself out of the way, but I do like the snaps for general reasons)

2 Likes

I was already looking through all of their stuff earlier. I think I might snag a Guardian 2.0, but I would really like something with the single snap.

1 Like

Some of my button ups won’t clear my waistline when I pull up since they are more form-fit. Maybe I just need to get more snaps and not care about showing some chest and belly hair when I end up drawing.

2 Likes

That’s my theory. Wear things loose enough they can pull out of the way, or with snaps so that they snap free if needed. Also, I don’t generally when practicing find all that many snaps coming undone anyway

4 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

Welcome aboard sir! We are glad to have you in our Community.

1 Like

Lapolicegear.com has all sorts of tactical shirts. I bought this one recently because I prefer plain shirts. This has some great features as well as the bottom two buttons being snaps.

Inexpensive too! I’ll be ordering a couple more for the summer.

3 Likes

Are their size charts correct? I just went to check out some shirts and one I looked at said medium was 47” chest, and another was 50”+ (medium). I normally wear an XL, but these size charts have me really worried.

1 Like

I normally wear a large which is what I ordered and it fits great, so I’d say true to size. They do have a good return policy if you have a problem.

That’s for their “house brand” la police gear clothing. They also sell other brands like 5.11. Not sure about them.

I bought several “house brand” shirts as well as tactical operator pants when I was with my county sheriffs department and never had a problem.

1 Like

Tango Yankee

2 Likes

I’m a fan of slim fit shirts but had to overhaul my wardrobe when I started concealed carry.

2 Likes

Husband- “Does this shirt make me look fat?”
Wife- “Yes”
Husband- “Good!”
:grinning:

4 Likes

Amazon.

1 Like

Not a shot, or me being disrespectful.

If I am at the point of having to draw. I don’t care if I am stark bucky assed nekkid. Everyone within eyesight range might care (I’m old, my 6 pack abs became a keg). But me… Nope. Don’t care. :joy::rofl:

5 Likes

I’m partial to “UnTuckit” in the tall version. Hawaiian print shirts are now “dog whistles” for CCW. The 5.11 type shirts are too “military”. The other option are “sport/fly fishing shirts” with an additional look at “hunting guide shirts”. They deflect from the “tacticool” and are seen as “outdoorsy shirts”. I generally wear a tee shirt of some type and keep them open in the front as an overshirt When I do wear a Hawaiian shirt it is the true version where the bright colors are on the inside and the faded images are right side out as the natives do. On the more expensive side Tommy Bahama makes a lot of shirts that are great for CCW. In my “day job” I wear polo shirts as I am of the collar brigade of construction (Project Manager) so a mid length Carhart jacket works in the winter but in the hotter months a fishing/guide shirt works well and embroidering the company logo on the left breast allow me to run it with a tee shirt. Professional yet still a knuckle dragger gives a lot of confidence to home owners when I roll in on site. Walking around I’m just another construction management guy, totally grey.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes