Carry ALL THE TIME?

If you are using this verse to say one should not carry nor defend oneself, you are taking it out of context.

6 Likes

That verse is taken out of context…

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

I wasn’t taking that very out of context. I was showing the context of a previous verse.

That passage would be good to argue for more range time. Peter used a sword that was the modern equivalent of an M-16 and the only damage he caused was cutting off an ear that Jesus quickly replaced.

The verses I didn’t mention where Jesus said he could have called angels to protect Him would be a better argument for not carrying, but that also would be out of context, since we aren’t Jesus, come to earth on a mission to die for the sins of the world.

4 Likes

Just checking… I like you comment about Peter needing more practice…

JESUS could have called and gotten a legion of angels. But the context is God’s will, as apposed to “buy a sword” which is going to be life without Jesus by their sides-- in the flesh-- so to speak, there are those who would and will do them harm.

3 Likes

@George_E1.
Welcome to the community
COBRA01 .
Train Hard and Stay Safe

1 Like

@Bobby914.
Welcome to the community
COBRA01 .
Train Hard and Stay Safe

1 Like

I carry all the time.

3 Likes

@Randy48.
Welcome to the community
COBRA01 .
Train Hard and Stay Safe

1 Like

In my bible it is Luke 22:36

2 Likes

Welcome to our new posters, I hope you enjoy your stay and can gain useful information and insight.
I carry everywhere. Inside, outside, it makes no difference. My firearm is either on my person, or inches from my hand on my desk. Folks, our world has gone mad. It doesn’t matter what you believe or what your political stance is, or which religion you may or may not follow. You really need to be ready to defend yourself and your loved ones. Ready both physically and mentally.
IMO, carry your weapon, and have the willpower and mindset that should the worse case actually happen, that you and yours will be the ones going home that night.
I get it, it can be tough to even think about; I know it was and still is for me. Even the possibility of taking the life of another is anathema to me, but more so is the thought of someone taking my life because I was unable or unwilling to try and stop them. Thus, I’m armed. I practice, both my shooting and my mindset.
Temper that with common sense, though. Words may sting, but only a few words are a threat. Be aware, be alert, but also be smart. Plan for the worst, but hope for the best. Always try to deescalate, try to stay calm and walk away, but if you can’t, be ready and willing to act.

4 Likes

I carry all the time, never leave home without it. My reasoning is simple, when you don’t have it is when you’ll need it.

6 Likes

Whoa, back up. I want to know more about this.

So a neighbor in your gated community ran at you saying he was going to commit an act of violence against you while he was holding a knife in his hand? I take it you drew your firearm since he said “Don’t shoot” and dropped the knife? Sounds like you were the victim of a crime. Does this neighbor know you? Do you know this neighbor? Any past issues? Good for him that you didn’t see the knife. If someone had done that to me and I saw the knife, I would have likely shot him depending on how far he was from me. I hope the police got involved.

And for the life of me I will never understand the hyperbolic reaction to people not wearing masks. Jeez…

Your situation is an example of the reason I always carry.

8 Likes

Welcome to the family brother god bless you and carry on.

1 Like

My EDC is just like the spare tire in the trunk. I never leave home without it…

5 Likes

Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Mine too. Typo.
Over 50 years ago my Dad was a printer and worked for a company that printed a new translation of the Bible. On the print run they discovered a typo, so that had to throw them out. My Dad picked one out of the trash and gave it to me. Typos happen!

6 Likes

After finding the typo in the Bible the Catholic priests went in to deep depression … he said celebRate, not celebate!

6 Likes

@Glenn24 I did assume that’s what it was.

I debated about my reply, but I had a particular interest in that passage that day and so read until I could find it. I thought others might also wish to review it, but knowing bibles are being changed these days, I wasn’t sure your bible might not be different than mine. I was once handed a bible by an assistant pastor that had been rendered " gender neutral". So rather than get into all that, I just quickly posted where I found it.

I was glad of the reminder of that passage, and very much wanted to re-read the context. So thank you for your post.

3 Likes