Carry ALL THE TIME?

If I’m wearing pants, I’m carrying.

3 Likes

Thank you Richard306; I’m so glad you understand. I’m getting HAMMERED left and right about a simple question. I understand what others are saying and where they’re coming from, but some people seem harsh for an answer.

3 Likes

Not really harsh sometimes text is just taken incorrectly by the reader. Carry all the time, protect yourself, dear ones ; others. This isn’t a thing for everyone just most of the folks here.

2 Likes

I carry when ever I walk out the door unless I am going to get the mail or work in the garage or mow the lawn.

5 Likes

I carry when I get the mail… especially if I walk… long driveway.
The same when mowing. Carry. But, we do have some wild dogs sometimes… and bear.

3 Likes

I never thought of buying a gun until a President told me I didn’t need one. Now I have several an have house a spreadsheet to keep track of all my ammo!
I am fortunate enough to live in an area where I do not feel the need to carry routinely. Besides, my favorite ones are much too big to fit in my Sneaky Pete Holster.
That said, if I feel the Lord telling me to carry, I listen and obey.

3 Likes

Better to have it ,and not need it ,Well you know the rest.

5 Likes

I carry all the time even in the house because I will always be ready to protect my family.

2 Likes

I read somewhere that Jesus told his disciple to sell his robe & buy a sword, don’t recall if he said to leave it home. Guess if you lived alone on a island it would be pretty safe. Otherwise bg are everywhere.

4 Likes

I always carry, regardless of my destination or duration. Life happens in places that we least expect it. What if we have to take a “honey-do” side trip to a store somewhere on the other side of town? Not to sound like a cliche, but we carry a concealed handgun because of what could happen.

4 Likes

Rand Paul was attacked while on his riding mower.

7 Likes

Luke 20:36 “And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.” The context is right after the Last Supper and before Judas’ betrayal. I find it interested that this quote only appears in Luke and Luke doesn’t mention a sword being used when Jesus was arrested in Matthew, Mark, and John. Only John 18:10 names Peter as the one who used a sword to take off the ear of Malchus, the high priest’s slave, which Jesus promptly reattached. Then when Jesus is lecturing Peter in Matthew 26:52 he gave the famous quote: “Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword."

{end of Sunday School] :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Glenn24.
So when the bad guy comes with his sword ( gun ) to harm or kill you, you will draw your sword ( gun ) and take care of the problem…

End of bible hour with the Cobra

5 Likes

I myself try and carry when I leave my house. Even if all I am going to do is go pump some gas I will carry. I will say that it’s not always my usual EDC pistol, but sometimes it my Small Taurus 732, or my other little “Death by Six” as I call her…my little Raven .25 I also have a cheap 9 that’s in my truck for the most part as well.
As for my house when I am home I usually don’t carry on me, but I have some stored in my living room, dining area, and near the front door. Before I start getting ripped…they have Bio locks on them so they are secured.

3 Likes

In my 22 years in uniform I always managed to miss the practical training on taking prisoners, so I can honestly say I don’t know how to take prisoners.

So, unless the attacker’s hands are reaching for the sky, if he is still breathing he is still a threat, so I will keep firing, I will reevaluate the situation when reloading, since I don’t want to to be wasteful with my ammo.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community. I always carry. My EDC is like my American Express card… I never leave home without it. When I say “always”, that means I also carry at home. I live in a gated community with security but that doesn’t mean you are always safe. Last month I was accosted by a resident while taking two bags of trash to the dumpster. It was around 1 am and felt no reason to wear a mask for that relatively short walk at that hour. He came out of nowhere and was running towards me from behind yelling he was going to kick my a** because I wasn’t wearing a mask. I turned around, dropped the trash bags and diffused the situation real quick. I had no idea he had a knife until he dropped it when he said “don’t shoot”. You never know when you will need it, even at home. Situational awareness is important everywhere at all times.

10 Likes

I remember my dad telling me decades ago that half the motorcycle accident fatalities occurred within a mile from home. I don’t know how accurate of a statistic that was, but a few months later a dude nearby’s brains were on the pavement two blocks from his home with his helmet still secured to the luggage rack. Just one more block and he probably would have been paying better attention at the 4-way intersection, but he certainly missed the guy backing high-speed out his driveway. Well, umm, I mean he didn’t miss.
As my dad also used to say (who am I kidding, he still says it) ->
“All it takes is once.”

5 Likes

I live in Arkansas and we have a very gun friendly state. They have two different CC permits one is a regular carry and the other is an enhanced carry that allows you to carry almost everywhere and my son has that one. Arkansas also allows you to carry open or concealed with no permit if you leave the county you live in. Sounds strange it is but it works. There was a glitch in the law that the AG had to solve and she did ruled that anyone can carry anywhere unless the business or the government says you can’t like schools and government buildings banks and what have you. Now for what you asked I carry everywhere I go except where it is not allowed. A business can say no to guns but if they do I do not go there for anything so that solves that . My wife carries at all times except at home and we both put them up when our great grand children are here just to make sure that nothing happens. However our son and the son in law are always carrying so that solves that. It is a personal choice you have to make for yourself. Only you can make the decision.

4 Likes

I carry at all times except on my job where it isn’t allowed. I even carry when working in my own yard. Simply because, we now live in a world that is unpredictable. I carry to the corner store, church, to and from work. If you see me, I’ll be strapped. You never know what can happen or when. Anywhere I go that doesn’t allow concealed carry then I won’t conduct business with them. I’ll take my business elsewhere. The only time I concede this personal guideline is if I’m required to conduct business in a government facility.

6 Likes

I carry everywhere except work because they won’t let me. Its beside while I watch t.v. You never know when something is gonna happen. It also keeps me thinking of the worse case scenario and how to handle it if it arises.

3 Likes