Carry ALL THE TIME?

That’s just the sort of reason I wanted to read it in context! Like the difference between " thou shall not kill" vs “thou shall not murder” and how it might affect the hunting trip.

6 Likes

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS.

I do.

See, it’s not actually JUST about an insurance policy, if, you know, God forbid. It’s a way of life.

3 Likes

I personally carry AT ALL TIMES since our great country is under attack … you never know when some old gal in a Walmart parking lot might need protected…Tim. GOD BLESS THIS GREAT COUNTRY

3 Likes

Yes he was and yes I did… He was about 25 feet away when I drew my weapon. I wasn’t really a “victim” because it didn’t get that far. He dropped the knife and wasn’t in striking distance. It was an attempted assault with a deadly weapon. I had never seen him before. The community is large and he lived in a different building. I guess he felt the need to be the self-deputized mask police. I would call that felony stupid “impersonating a sane person in a public place”.

6 Likes

https://www.biblegateway.com is quite useful. since you can check out various translations.
Routinely, I use the NASB and ESV, but sometimes I have to search the Government Authorized translation (King James Version) to find something, since that is what I memorized or heard in sermons growing up.
I don’t understand the reverence some have for the KJV, since King James persecuted Bible translators, before he authorized his own translation.

2 Likes

There are those who are King James only congregations. They believe it is the perfected word of God, despite its many revisions.

5 Likes

I Carry all the time!

4 Likes

@james385.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @james385 and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family! @james385 glad you’re here!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @james385

4 Likes

All The Time .
I don’t trust anyone where I live and you should too .
One word comes to mind .
Osmosis.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family!!!

4 Likes

Carry all the time, the one time you’re without it is the one time you need it.

4 Likes

[james385] Welcome! Enjoy your stay, and I hope we can help you learn something new.

2 Likes

Yes, David, Jesus told his disciples to sell their robe & buy a sword. [Interestingly, 2,000 years later, a contemporary weapon (sword back then and firearm now) still costs about the same as a good suit of clothes.]

Jesus knew that his disciples would face intermittent (and often violent) opposition as they proselytized across Asia Minor. So he instructed them to have a means of self-defense. Notice the difference in His instructions… He made sure Peter understood that offensive use of weapons was NOT acceptable. But defensive use of weapons was indeed acceptable - and in then-contemporary Jewish culture, self- defense (and defense of family and tribe) was actually required.

8 Likes

Yes, carry all the time. Otherwise it is just an expensive paperweight doing you no good sitting in your safe at home.

I don’t care if I am just running to the convenience store or if I am out all day. My gun is always with me.

7 Likes

My doctor carrys as well.

4 Likes

Yes, I carry all the time… the only down side is when you have to use the restroom in public, I appendix carry too so that makes it even more fun. Hopefully I never have to use it… but its better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it!

7 Likes

I always carry no matter if I am running the trash to the end of the driveway or if I am hopping out to get gas or do marketing really quickly. Its worthless to have at home if you end up needing it when you are not. That is something you will always hear and it is true.

8 Likes